Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
below 26 and above 50 the counts distinguishably fall off. Between 26 and 50 the groups exchange leadership from time to time but mostly seem to stick quite close together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oneilljgf wrote:
NB: One-up-person-ship just doesn't sound right so no disrespect intended towards those of a more PC background.

One-up-person-sea-going-vessel ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin M
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
It comes in pints? I'm getting one!
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably not surprising to most of us (I'm 41) but it's interesting how high the age demographic is for board gamers compared to what non-gamers believe. How many times have you told a non-gamer about how you're into board games and they look at you with confusion about how you could be into something for "kids."

It's also interesting that computer gaming (including mobile devices and consoles) have largely broken that paradigm with the non-gamer crowd. If I say I'm into WoW or my PS3, I don't get the same reaction as "board games" at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
foobrew wrote:
It's also interesting that computer gaming (including mobile devices and consoles) have largely broken that paradigm with the non-gamer crowd. If I say I'm into WoW or my PS3, I don't get the same reaction as "board games" at all.

Hmmm. Well, I guess they have at least heard of those video thingies while it's only a couple of recent years since Blockus and Settlers might have penetrated places where they shop. Do they think of video as suitable for grown-ups ? I have to admit now that you bring them up, I myself don't really give them much credit as grown-up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
number of new entries in the poll is greatly slowed as the thread drifts further away from the front page of the web site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick McNamara
United States
Jupiter
Florida
flag msg tools
I'm not Beethoven...
badge
Bird of paradise fly in white sky, blues for Allah en'sh'allah; Let's see with our heart, these things our eyes have seen; And know the truth must still lie somewhere in between
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
It's funny, at 42 I am one of the youngest in my gaming circles(with some exceptions).

I think my gamer makeup usually follows "Those who played D&D in the early 80's". I tend to relate to those people the most.

42 AND someone who played D&D in the early 80's as well. Honestly, if it wasn't for those formative D&D years from 81-83, I don't think I would be a gamer today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
poll snapshot at 402 responses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stein
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the 3 in the 66-70 cohort and still mad about gaming. Started wargames at 13 with Tactics II.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cara Moses
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveyJJ wrote:
Just turned 50 on December 25th. Happy Saturnalia!

Happy Birthday and Happy Saturnalia to you!

I turned 33 on December 26th.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Galaviz
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
31... 32 on January the 13th

You're only as old as you feel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick McNamara
United States
Jupiter
Florida
flag msg tools
I'm not Beethoven...
badge
Bird of paradise fly in white sky, blues for Allah en'sh'allah; Let's see with our heart, these things our eyes have seen; And know the truth must still lie somewhere in between
mbmbmbmbmb
xpiredsodapop wrote:

You're just a youngin' When I was a kid, we had to WALK to the FLGS. Uphill, BOTH WAYS!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Auger
England
Manningtree
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hit 51 just before Christmas - this new group feels kind of lonely and deserted Sob! Sob! crycrycry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Troutman
United States
Bowie
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bigmac33070 wrote:
xpiredsodapop wrote:

You're just a youngin' When I was a kid, we had to WALK to the FLGS. Uphill, BOTH WAYS!!!!

You forgot to add that we had to do that barefoot, in the snow, and sometimes had to fight off wild animals by pelting them with dice.whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
43 and not surprised.

Thank god our average age is well above the average person who comments on YouTube's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Dothan
Alabama
flag msg tools
This space intentionally left blank.
mbmbmbmbmb
At a few days shy of 27, just about any other site makes me feel like an old man. This poll shows me that (on BGG anyway) I'm still just a baby.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vyran wrote:
At a few days shy of 27, just about any other site makes me feel like an old man. This poll shows me that (on BGG anyway) I'm still just a baby.

Oh, great. Now I'm going to be tortured the whole rest of the day with the dreadful image of this site getting renamed BoardGameGeezer.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Redden
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Nut'n honey
badge
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything - Mark Twain
mbmbmbmbmb
As accurate as posting numbers relates to how good games really are, these figures only represent those of us who chose to post our age categories. I'll bet the true stats are at least somewhat different. What's the point?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
snapshot at 500 responses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Langdon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
41...and mildly alarmed there aren't more older gamers past 60. Come on Jim, you can make it further!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spiros Kangas
Greece
Patra
GREECE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy Molly... I turned 40 and I still have Spiderman as my hero!

Is it bad, doctor??!

whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
I aten't dead yet...
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cage wrote:
41...and mildly alarmed there aren't more older gamers past 60. Come on Jim, you can make it further!

Dave,

Quality will always overcome quantity.

Jim

Est. 1949

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
with 544 votes showing right now, the 36-40 category holds the nominal lead but the whole block from 26-45 is pretty well matched with all categories calculated at 17% and 18%.

Early on the 46-50 category was almost keeping up with the leading categories but now the differential is growing, the lag is more distinctive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Troutman
United States
Bowie
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slaphead6 wrote:
I hit 51 just before Christmas - this new group feels kind of lonely and deserted Sob! Sob! crycrycry

Hang on Mate! You, me, and 23 others have made us tied for the sixth largest responding group!

surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vicki Scheele
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a .9%er and hope to stay in for a long time. What a great range of ages - I've always felt welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Coddington
United States
Woodbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
34 here, I figured that would probably be around the largest demographic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.