Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
229 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [10] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG News

Subject: BGG Secret Santa 2012 Wrap Up - Santas, Grinches, and recruiting Volunteers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jes m
United States
tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the work you did putting this together. It was a great success on my end. Can't wait to participate next year!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mercedes (Mandy)
Japan
Setagaya-ku
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Tokyo Game Market here I come!
badge
Sorry if I'm slow in reading mails. I'm currently working hard on some Alley Thieves
mbmbmbmbmb
That was my first BGG Secret Santa and I had a ball. Thank you Octavian for all your hard work each year

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob cavallo
United States
roseland
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks again for an awesome SS 2012!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmb
The best run Secret Santa program on the internet. Well done for another year Octavian!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I sent mine out at the end of November, and it still hasn't reached my target

Same here. Mine left the US for my target on November 27 (South America) and I have not yet heard of their arrival...soblue

Ricky
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Alvarez
Chile
Santiago
RM
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Preacher wrote:
Same here. Mine left the US for my target on November 27 (South America) and I have not yet heard of their arrival...soblue

Ricky

Don't tell me you're my Secret Santa
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms. Shug
United States
Round Rock
TX
flag msg tools
Got my eye on you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Octavian. It was my first time participating and I look forward to doing so again next year. Appreciate all your hard work and congrats on your new baby!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Compton
England
Branston
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great work on organising the secret santa.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Johnson
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
I like games. I like Calvin and Hobbes. Oh, but I like games more.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much! My first BGG Secret Santa, and although I didn't receive a gift, I'm looking forward to making this a tradition in the years to come!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Don't tell me you're my Secret Santa

No . But my target is in the same country as you. I am getting rather worried now. This Saturday it will be six weeks since the USPS states that the package left US shores...

Ricky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Stanhope
United States
Plano
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I shipped my package overseas three weeks ago via USPS and my target hasn't received it yet. There is no tracking available once it leaves the US so I'm in suspense as much as my target when it will get there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Scholl
Canada
Meaford
Ontario
flag msg tools
Keep on Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
This was my first year doing this and it was such a great experience, I look forward to next years. Great job BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IzToK
Slovenia
Maribor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian thank you one more time to be so patience with me and my 2011 Santa problem. This year things were also little messed up, but now everything is OK.

You rock

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario De Super
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It’s okay to wait for the weekend to fill out the form, right? From the indications in my case I believe my SS’s will be arriving this week. I’m pretty sure it’s a held up pre-order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwsparks
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
When the bullet hits the bone!
mbmbmbmbmb
In an earlier Secret Santa, I mailed a boardgame to Brazil - it took six weeks to get there.

Let's try and be understanding about postal service in other countries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter OHara
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
All went well, shipping and receiving. Well done, Octavian!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agnieszka
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Preacher wrote:
Quote:
I sent mine out at the end of November, and it still hasn't reached my target

Ricky

Well I sent mine at the beginning of December assured by the postal services in my country that it would take about 10 working days to deliver my package... Guess what - it still hasn't reached my target although the tracking showed it arriving in the target's country one week before Christmas!
I'm really pissed as I put lots of effort (and time and money) into personalizing the gift... I did everything myself - giftwrapping, writing a card, securing the package so that nothing would happen to it during transport... it turns out the worst thing that could happen to it was the postal services themselves :/

I'm still hoping that maybe it will arrive soon, but my hope is getting very thin

EDIT: My gift finally found its way to my target! But the waiting was horrible...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
27 World Series titles and counting!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My target got his gifts and enjoyed them very much, I received my gifts and am happy with it. Thanks for setting this up Octavian!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Sean
United Kingdom
Leicester
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Once again thanks Matthew as per the sentiments in my personal GM to you.
It is always great fun to watch things unfold on SS each year and to see the contact and taunts on the Santa email accounts.

Just soured a little this year because of the total lack of communication from my Santa.

I think the very least that participants can do is just to acknowledge each other via the Santa account.

Best wishes to all for 2013.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Brackney
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread represents an interesting flip-side to the "Santee" handwringing in the other two main threads. Santas are often just as worried and upset as those who haven't received anything. I haven't received anything yet, but my Santa did send a note that something was on the way. I'm planning to hold off on filling out "the form" at least until next week.

I'm happy that my Santee received and enjoyed their gifts, and I appreciate all the hard work Octavian has put into this. I can't imagine the logistics on the backend - spreadsheets, transcription, follow ups, etc. Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Walden
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mcjohnsons wrote:
Thanks so much! My first BGG Secret Santa, and although I didn't receive a gift, I'm looking forward to making this a tradition in the years to come!

Please don't let it sour you that you didn't get something. I've been doing this since the beginning, and it's the first time my Santa hasn't come through. It's rarer than it probably seems to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Silmser
United States
Valrico
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great job running this!!

While my Santa was AWOL, my target seemed to really enoy their gift so I am happy.

Form filled out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Johnson
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
I like games. I like Calvin and Hobbes. Oh, but I like games more.
mbmbmbmbmb
JesterPoet wrote:
mcjohnsons wrote:

Please don't let it sour you that you didn't get something. I've been doing this since the beginning, and it's the first time my Santa hasn't come through. It's rarer than it probably seems to you.

I'll definitely be doing this again! I had so much fun watching the geeklist, spoiling my target, and eagerly awaiting any messages from my Santa... I felt like a kid again.
BTW, your comments on all the gifts made it fun, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget, things can also be held in customs for long times...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Walden
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lorna wrote:
Don't forget, things can also be held in customs for long times...

Especially if you asked your Santa to send you cocaine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [10] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.