Hide
5 Posts

Castle Panic: The Wizard's Tower» Forums » Rules

Subject: Dragon and chimera movement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Floyd
msg tools
I'm confused on the rules for the dragon and chimera movement. Do these two bosses move any time any monsters move OR just move when a player rolls the die that corresponds to the segment any one of them occupies? Also, if the dragon is in the forest and is supposed to move backwards and then breathe fire does it essentially count as a non move and non fire turn? Thanks!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These two mega bosses move at the end of each player's turn, just like all the other monsters on the board. They just may move a different way than forward, as determined by the dice. But they still move every turn. They will also breath fire every turn, even if the move can't be made because they are already at an edge and can't go any further, as in your example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Floyd
msg tools
I'll give an example which may help clarify my question. An ogre is in section 1. The dragon is in section 2. The player finishes playing cards and rolls a 1. Obviously the ogre moves. But Should the dragon move forward and breathe fire per the special movement table OR not move at all? My question is around what "in play" means for the dragon.

We played that both moved whenever any other monster moved (I.e. every time the die was rolled). We managed to survive the chimera fire death spiral via the barbarian card. Dragon was wiped out by nice shot. Without those two cards the towers would have been reduced to burning rubble quickly. thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you're confused about movement. After a player finishes playing cards, EVERY monster on the board moves, no matter which section they are in. You then roll the dice specifically to see how the dragon moves.

You then draw two more tokens, and if they are monsters or projectiles like boulders, than you roll the dice to see where to place them.

So other than the couple bosses with special movement, the die is only used to see where new monsters are placed (or which section a boulder/trebuchet attacks).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Floyd
msg tools
Thanks!!! Not sure how we mixed that up, but the game should definitely be more challenging now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.