$10.00
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here comes the second New York Netrunner tournament! This "What Lies Ahead" tournament will be hosted and sponsored by The Compleat Strategist.

Also, mark your calendars: We will be organizing a monthly Netrunner tournament every third Saturday. February's tournament will be held on 02/16/2013; will use "Trace Amount"; and the prizes will include FFG's official kit!

Details for the January tournament:

When: Saturday, January 19th. Registration at 10am-10:30am.
Where: The Compleat Strategist, 11 East 33rd Street (between Madison and Fifth Avenue).
Entry fee: The entry fee is $5 and will be used to cover the prizes.

The tournament’s Meetup page can be found here:

http://www.meetup.com/Netrunner-NYC/events/97658092/

Please RSVP via Meetup, PM me, email (el.ad.david.amir@gmail.com) or call me (347-994-9332) or The Compleat Strategist. You are not required to RSVP in order to play; it would just make our lives easier as far as organization is concerned.

Prizes
FIRST place: 1) A custom set of four BIG APPLE ACTION TOKENS. These limited edition tokens are made by byronczimmer and will ONLY be awarded to winners of New York tournaments. 2) A voucher for "Cyber Exodus", the third Netrunner Data Pack.
SECOND place: A voucher for "Cyber Exodus".
(Vouchers redeemable at The Compleat Strategist when Data Pack is released. Additional prizes might be available at the discretion of The Compleat Strategist and depending on the number of participants.)

Format
This will be a "What Lies Ahead" tournament. This means that you can use up to three copies of each card from the Core Set or "What Lies Ahead". You cannot use cards from "Trace Amount". We will follow Fantasy Flight Games’ Official Tournament Rules. The tournament will be four rounds of Swiss. Each round will be 65 minutes. The Swiss rounds will be followed by a Top 2 Finals.

Bust out the Imps and Project Atlases in this month's New York tournament!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron s
msg tools
I do want a free copy of Cyber Exodus. But, can I just come and watch?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Syphus wrote:

Of course But why watch when you can play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron s
msg tools
IirionClaus wrote:
Syphus wrote:

Of course But why watch when you can play?

Oh, it's a cross between not being sure I can spare the whole time for the tournament, not really wanting to spend $5 (January is always a slow month for me work wise), and it'd be nice to see some other people play as the only person I ever play with is my girlfriend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Syphus wrote:
Oh, it's a cross between not being sure I can spare the whole time for the tournament, not really wanting to spend $5 (January is always a slow month for me work wise), and it'd be nice to see some other people play as the only person I ever play with is my girlfriend.

Well, you might want to bring your decks, because if there's downtime during the rounds I would love to challenge you for a couple of games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron s
msg tools
Now that is probably a good idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Dixon
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I can't think of any reason I wouldn't be available for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BT Carpenter
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Why don't you live in DC!?!?!!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
Why don't you live in DC!?!?!!?

Sorry :-/ If you're ever around near the third Saturday of the month ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BT Carpenter
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Please consider posting this in the consolidated Events/Tournaments thread and on the Geeklist.

Player Resources: Finding Opponents, Events and Tournaments

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just talked with a couple of people who attended the previous New York tournament and they missed the announcement for this one. I'm trying to get the game recognized and BGG.com is an important medium to do that, it's very disappointing that the mods are working against that. byronczimmer's solution is great for the more up-to-date players, but casual forum-goers simply don't know about the event.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Biski
United States
Long Island City
NY
flag msg tools
mb
Hi There!

I have always wanted to go to the Compleat Strategist on a third Saturday of the month. I was under the impression thats when board games are played. But I am always apprehensive seeing I have no idea what I am walking into, I don't want to be "that annoying guy" who doesn't play so well, or needs to be taught a game thats new to him.

I have rediscovered my love of board games and been playing Smallworld, Shadows over Camelot, Ticket to Ride, Pirates Cove, Risk, Settlers of Catan etc. I started a boardgame club at the High School I teach at and its been a success! I'm sure they would love to come and play as well.

I just bought 7 wonders and Cosmic encounters and want to play! Is there room for something like that on those days? Do I just show up?

-s

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
supercooldude004 wrote:
Hi There!

I have always wanted to go to the Compleat Strategist on a third Saturday of the month. I was under the impression thats when board games are played. But I am always apprehensive seeing I have no idea what I am walking into, I don't want to be "that annoying guy" who doesn't play so well, or needs to be taught a game thats new to him.

I have rediscovered my love of board games and been playing Smallworld, Shadows over Camelot, Ticket to Ride, Pirates Cove, Risk, Settlers of Catan etc. I started a boardgame club at the High School I teach at and its been a success! I'm sure they would love to come and play as well.

I just bought 7 wonders and Cosmic encounters and want to play! Is there room for something like that on those days? Do I just show up?

-s

The room is booked for various tournaments on weekends ... you're welcome to attend one of the tournaments, but otherwise space is limited. We had a couple of people playing a non-tournament-related game, but they came together and just needed space. New York has about half a dozen board gaming meetups which should be a more suitable venue. Sorry!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.