Subject: New Ystari expansions for Sherlock Holmes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Little Skink
United Kingdom
Sheffield
flag msg tools
mb
been holding off purchasing this until it becomes clearer what expansions (if any might be available) - Now I just need to figure how to get the game in the house without causing a "domestic"

Ystari website didn't have much to say but the artist who worked in the game mentions on their website 2 :

1. L’intégralité des couvertures que j’ai réalisées pour Sherlock Holmes : Détective Conseil (Ystari Games), avec la prochaine extension “Carlton House” (à paraître avant noël) !
My covers for Sherlock Holmes, Consulting Detective (Ystari Games), including the soon-to-be-released Carlton House expansion!

2. For Ystari Games’ release of the Mansion Murders expansion for Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective.
Trois des cinq couvertures de livrets pour Meurtres à Carlton House, campagne pour Sherlock Holmes : Détective conseil (Ystari Games) à paraître en décembre. (NB : je me suis servi d’une texture du super site Mayang pour la première.)

http://www.arnauddemaegd.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Twine
United Kingdom
Near Portsmouth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope they do, "Adventures by Gaslight". It`s the only one I`m missing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Henninger
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Keeping our fingers crossed for the rest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BT Carpenter
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nigel66 wrote:

I hope they make entirely new content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jokin VAILLANT
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ystari has already published 2 new cases : "the Devil's Ransom" (an abduction case involving a criminal disguised as Mephistopheles, of Faust) and one case in Carlton House. The winner of a contest will also see his fanmade case published.

In French, 7 cases have been published as extensions : 2 stand-alones and 5 cases in Carlton House.

Cyril Demaegd has stated that his goal was to publish "everything there is" provided it is good enough (I know he has his doubts about some cases but I don't remember if it concerns Adventures by Gaslight, the Paper Bird or something else). Ystari is also working on a campaign mixing Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective and Jack the Ripper...

It seems to me that there will be plenty of support for this excellent game !

Jokin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Henninger
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jokin! All very positive news. Hope the english versions aren't too far behind. Great games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bretsch
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just out of curiosity.... how many of the cases in the 2012 version can be found in previous versions? Are they all new cases to solve?

Or are all the 2012 cases simply updates of the same cases in the older versions of the game?

Also: What do you think the expansion cases will cost? (Carlton House)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jokin VAILLANT
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The 10 cases of the 2012 box are all old cases (the same 10 as the original box, I believe). However some have been rewritten as the existing solution was deemed illogical.

Regarding the price, I cannot talk about the prices outside my country but in France, the stand-alones are sold for 5€ and Carlton House for 25€.

Jokin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan F T
Colombia
Bogota
DC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to know if the 2 new cases published in french are compatible with the english version of the base game... I would hate to not get those just for waiting to get them in english...

As for the Carlton House expansion in english, I think we will have to wait for sales of the base game, right? That expansion is standalone, correct? (no base game to play it)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jokin VAILLANT
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no idea if the new cases are compatible with the english version. However, I am absolutely sure that Carlton House is not a standalone. You need the map and the directory (I don't think this is the right word ?) from the base game as you will be looking for clues in London as well as in Carlton House.

Jokin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Twine
United Kingdom
Near Portsmouth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that, "Carlton House" is a spiffy reprint of, "The Mansion Murders". MM was not quite standalone as you needed to have SHCD in order to play it.

Can anyone DEFINITIVELY confirm this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I legally own hundreds of polyhedral assault dice!
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
Nigel66 wrote:

I hope they make entirely new content.

Yes to both!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier REIX
France
Grenoble
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hav0k wrote:
I would like to know if the 2 new cases published in french are compatible with the english version of the base game... I would hate to not get those just for waiting to get them in english...

As for the Carlton House expansion in english, I think we will have to wait for sales of the base game, right? That expansion is standalone, correct? (no base game to play it)

For the 2 "new" case :

+ yes they can be played with the old version

+ the first expansion (case n°11) is a new case

+ the second (n°12) is a case which was in the old Carlton House Expansion

+ the Ystari Carlton House is NOT a standalone. Content : 4 cases which where in the old edition + a new case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Isaak
United States
Kenmore
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 waiting for news of the expansions

(Probably will take us until summer to finish the first 10 cases though...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim T
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Are there any updates on this?

I'm debating tracking down the old versions of the expansions and if there's no need... would love to know that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A G
msg tools
Case n° 18 planned for this summer : The African Masks.
One more case is planned around Christmas 2013 (cf. comments).

http://www.ystari.com/wordpress/?p=2565

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
OOK! OOK! OOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
And will this be released in English?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A G
msg tools
No idea, sorry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Delabre
France
flag msg tools
Ystari just released a new extension named Queen's Park, in French only.

There's an unusual twist : it takes place during three days and you're only allowed a definite number of turns each day (with one booklet per day. So a place can be empty one day and with a witness the next day).

I haven't play it yet, but it seems quite fun and will add a sense of urgence to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chances for English version?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I legally own hundreds of polyhedral assault dice!
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
See? Even the Poles want an English version! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Despite there are many Polish edition games, SHCD will never have a Polish version I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Boddorff
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
So I e-mailed Ystari about when to expect the expansion in English and they reported that it wouldn't be for a while - end of 2015. At least we have a target time to be patient until!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim meyer
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all!

A few days ago I emailed both Ystari and Asmodee about English expansions. Here are their responses:

From Asmodee: "There are additional cases/scenario's for the game Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective planned to be available some time in January of 2016. Thank you for your interest in our games."

From Ystari: "Translating the expansions into English is in our plans, this project should be viable soon. Thank you for your interest."

And here's the post where we're talking about it:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1369079/expansions-planned-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.