Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roy Hasson
Israel
Kfar Saba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

With my kids growing up I'd like to introduce them to Warhammer, but I have been a little out of contact with what's considered the latest version.

Is there any guide or list as to what the latest rules version is, and which army books have been written for it?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Stone
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
8th is current, the hardback books are all valid
( vc,beastmen,ogres,empire,) the base set is rats vs. high elves,
best rescource is the Games-workshop website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC Connors
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also tell which are the new (8th edition) army books by whether they are hardcover or not. That said, GW has generally done a very good job balancing the armies in this edition, so other than a couple of the very, very old books (particularly Wood Elves), they all work well together.

The new starter set (The Island of Blood) is a great deal since it comes with great miniatures for Skaven and High Elves and the full rulebook. Each army is worth about 750 points, putting you halfway there to a 1,500 point game which is a pretty solid point level in 8th edition.

The previous starting edition, if you can find it, gives you around the same in dwarves and goblins, but you'd need a full 8th edition rulebook to go with it.

I think 8th edition is a great version of the rules -- it's faster-paced, has good balance, and a lot of interesting expansion possibilities (Storm of Magic, with its giant monsters and arcane fulcrum scenarios, is really interesting).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.