Subject: Pandakai "Bamboo Supply" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lochi Lochi
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each turn you have to either put 1 energy on or take all energy from this card, each player's turn or each Pandakai's turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nikolaos Kamoudis
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
its about your turn and i believe it protects your energy cubes from stealing or losing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Karrde
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't played the expansion yet, but the impression I get from reading the card is at the start of Pandakai's turn, you can either add one energy from the "bank" or take all the stored energy on the card. So only on your turn and you can either decide to let your bamboo supply keep growing or use that turn to harvest it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lochi Lochi
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When a friend played it yesterday we had the impression that it would be too strong if used in every player's turn and too weak if used in Pandakai's turn only, but the point of nikolaos seems quite right, energy in that card is not energy in your reserve so nobody can take it away from you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kweku
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Archr wrote:
Haven't played the expansion yet, but the impression I get from reading the card is at the start of Pandakai's turn, you can either add one energy from the "bank" or take all the stored energy on the card. So only on your turn and you can either decide to let your bamboo supply keep growing or use that turn to harvest it.

seems like a really poorly worded card, but when I played with it I thought this must be what it means -- that the 1 energy comes from the bank and not your supply (or else it's just stupidly weak) and only at the start of Pandakai's turn (or else it's just stupidly strong)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
It GENERATES an energy OR you can take all the energy from it on Ps turn.

It is poorly worded, but not hard to decipher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Smith
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This card has popped up when I played a couple times now and, even though everyone both times thought the card was fairly overpowered, because the card specifically states "At the start of each turn..." we've played it so that Pandakai can use it at the beginning of everyone’s turn. It could be a misprint, but my thought is that it would read something to the effect of "At the start of each of your turns..." or "At the start of Pandakai's turn..." if it was only supposed to be used during the Pandakai's turn.

Plus, I always thought bamboo is one of the fastest growing plants. So it would sort of make sense the "Bamboo Reserve" card would grow energy so rapidly. It makes Pandakai stupidly invincible if the player ever gets his or her hands on "Fly" though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Disgustipater
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
froghorn484 wrote:
the card specifically states "At the start of each turn..." we've played it so that Pandakai can use it at the beginning of everyone’s turn. It could be a misprint, but my thought is that it would read something to the effect of "At the start of each of your turns..." or "At the start of Pandakai's turn..." if it was only supposed to be used during the Pandakai's turn.

Being that these cards have been translated from French, and that Richard Garfield ruled that similar wording on Rooting for the Underdog only applied to your turn, it's reasonable to assume that it only applies on your own turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Smith
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ah! Cool. Thanks for the clarification. That's good enough to convince me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tala Mare
msg tools
mb
At the start of Panda's turn

This game is being translated from french, a lot of these cards you will more or less need to house rules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
b n
Canada
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
clearly says at the start of each turn. they printed it like that so might as well play it like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
b n
Canada
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
cause there are cards in the expansion that specifically say on your turn like the alien evolution but for this panda bamboo says start of EACH turn. each turn is player 1 being you 2 is other 3 is other.. your turn would be player 1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Davis
msg tools
Your turn. The point isn't so much that it can't be stolen (although it's a nice bonus) but that you have to choose: Do you let your points accumulate, or do you harvest regularly for more frequent usable points? Think of it this way. If you harvest every other turn, after, say, ten turns, you'll have five energy you wouldn't have. You could get the same amount by harvesting on the sixth turn, but you'd have to wait longer. And if you wait nine turns and harvest on the tenth, obviously you get NINE energy, way more than the other way, but you won't have any of it to use for some time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.