Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Beachler
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The title says it all really. Does anyone have a suggestion of where I can find more multi-colored, multi-shaped plastic beads? I have some round ones from the Dollar Tree and some star and heart shaped ones from Rite-Aid. Just want an even larger assortment, especially as the round ones just roll all over and make terrible counters, which is why many games use cubes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvey Wasserman
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A crafts store would be an obvious source for small quantities. Also, WalMart, and Amazon.com. eBay: "plastic beads mix," for example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schumann
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not plastic, but how about stone and glass?

Here's a rabbit hole for you: http://www.firemountaingems.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meaker VI
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a place. For some reason, I've had the most success when searching for "Pony Beads." They are the beads that look like this
and are available basically everywhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Yellowbeard
United States
Winston-Salem
NC
flag msg tools
You're either born a pirate or not! It's in the blood...
mbmbmbmbmb
I faced a similar problem when dealing with the small cylindrical commodity tokens in Exodus: Proxima Centauri. They were very small and always rolling about.

I purchased an assortment of "propeller" beads from a big box hobby store. They have kind of a space ore look to them. These came in an assorment of colors for about $4 a bag. I sorted the colors I needed and problem solved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Beachler
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm kind of wanting different shapes to represent different things but also in different colors. There are a lot of beads out there though not all shapes or sizes I'd want. Round is a bad idea unless they are flat, they just roll all over as has been discussed. I'll have to glue them to a flat chit or something. Found some discs, wavy discs, snowflakey and the 3 pronged ones. All kind of work so I guess I'll just choose from those or look around more. Places like Michael's tend to be rather overpriced unfortunately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Phillips Beckerman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
robbdaman wrote:
I'm kind of wanting different shapes to represent different things but also in different colors. There are a lot of beads out there though not all shapes or sizes I'd want. Round is a bad idea unless they are flat, they just roll all over as has been discussed. I'll have to glue them to a flat chit or something. Found some discs, wavy discs, snowflakey and the 3 pronged ones. All kind of work so I guess I'll just choose from those or look around more. Places like Michael's tend to be rather overpriced unfortunately.

The bits from Castle Risk would probably work. Otherwise, Michael's with their 40% off coupon is the place. A lot of stuff in their floral dept.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Yellowbeard
United States
Winston-Salem
NC
flag msg tools
You're either born a pirate or not! It's in the blood...
mbmbmbmbmb
robbdaman wrote:
Places like Michael's tend to be rather overpriced unfortunately.
Since when ever has ~$4 for 500+ beads ever been considered expensive?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The neutral evil villain known as
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam Houston wrote:
Michael's with their 40% off coupon is the place. A lot of stuff in their floral dept.

For real! I use that coupon every week. And if you go to the internet, you can print off all you want!!!!!!!!!!

http://livecouponcodes.com/michaels-coupons-promotion-code
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.