United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
Follow me if you want to play wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Pintsizepete wrote:
Looks like the secret is to give away free stuff. Not gonna happen. I'll get up there with content, someday.

I actually share your sentiment. But the proof is staring at us both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Middlesboro
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wow, I didn't post my geeklist until December 31 around 9pm... very surprised to see it on here! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie B
United States
Unspecified
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Scarlett_O wrote:
Wow, I didn't post my geeklist until December 31 around 9pm... very surprised to see it on here! laugh

Good looking girls are always good for a whole bunch of extra thumbs whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmb
I'll run a query with crossposted geeklists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Aldie!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. This list is a testament to sadness.

There truly needs to be a tag or other distinction made between game-content-related geeklists, auctions/giveaways, tracking ("Games we played on Thursday", etc.), and outright fluff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xethair wrote:

There truly needs to be a tag or other distinction made between game-content-related geeklists, auctions/giveaways, tracking ("Games we played on Thursday", etc.), and outright fluff.

Why? It's not like the list is entirely one thing like giveaways. Yes, there are giveaways, tracking, fluff, gaming and lots of other things.

All those things are popular here on BGG, and the list above truly represents what BGG is about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
xethair wrote:

Why? It's not like the list is entirely one thing like giveaways. Yes, there are giveaways, tracking, fluff, gaming and lots of other things.

All those things are popular here on BGG, and the list above truly represents what BGG is about.

Well it would be like including the math trade geeklists too, or something like that.

Not that what was done already is bad, it's cool to look at the top geeklists with all the categories lumped together (although apparently the multi-domain ones are missing).

But, it would be also interesting to see the top geeklists created by a single author that isn't some kind of giveaway/auction/tracking.
And, it would also be interesting to see the top geeklists that have community-added items but aren't giveaway/auction/tracking.

Might be too hard to distinguish among those now but tags in the future for geeklists might be an idea. They already distinguish between math trade GLs and non-math trade GLs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
It's a gift...
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't believe I still made it this year. My output has dropped so much lately, but I guess I still have a good idea once in awhile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Korfmann
United States
Wilson
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about the Jack Vasel auction? It had 961 thumbs, or something like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.