United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmb
BoardGameGeek
274 Mage Knight Board Game::An Adventure Game With No Surprises? A Negative Review of MK:BG. by skipsizemore
269 Glory to Rome::The PLAYMOBIL® Legion reviews "Glory to Rome: Black Box" by EmeraldYam
229 Android: Netrunner::Hipshot Reviews: Netrunner for the Softcore Hacker by Eldil
218 Mage Knight Board Game::Mage Knight: The best solitaire game I have ever played (but multiplayer's pretty great, too!) by Schaulustiger
218 Flash Point: Fire Rescue::The PLAYMOBIL® Legion reviews "Flash Point: Fire Rescue" by EmeraldYam
212 Galaxy Trucker::Ender's Comprehensive Pictorial Overview: A space cadet looks back at Vlaada Chvatil's wacky mega-hit from 2007 by EndersGame
189 Wiz-War (eighth edition)::Wiz-War review - This is totally a Magic: the Gathering rip-off by LordHellfury
188 1989: Dawn of Freedom::A historical review by a person who witnessed some of the events that 1989: Dawn of Freedom portrays by judoka
183 Kingdom Builder::Kingdom Builder after 30 plays by qwertymartin
180 Homesteaders::Ender's Comprehensive Pictorial Overview: A hot time in an old town with an heir to Puerto Rico's throne by EndersGame
179 Flash Point: Fire Rescue::Ender's Comprehensive Pictorial Overview: A Co-op Screaming With Theme - Is it a bad thing that there’s smoke coming from the toilet? by EndersGame
178 King of Tokyo::King of Tokyo - A Detailed Review by Neil Thomson
173 D-Day Dice::Storming the Beaches with D-Day Dice by xcrun55
169 Lords of Waterdeep::D&D meets the Eurogame, and the result is fantastic! by MerricB
167 Wiz-War (eighth edition)::Get Off My Lawn: a bitter old man reflects on change by kuhrusty
165 Terra Mystica::Magical Earth by doubtofbuddha
165 Win, Lose, or Banana::The PLAYMOBIL® Legion reviews "Win, Lose, or Banana" by EmeraldYam
161 Ora et Labora::What You're (Not) Missing, Screed Edition: Ora et Labora by chally
160 Lords of Waterdeep::10 reasons I'll choose Lords of Waterdeep over Caylus by xanalor
156 Wits & Wagers::The PLAYMOBIL® Legion reviews "Wits & Wagers" by EmeraldYam
154 Kingdom Builder::Why Kingdom Builder Sucks by Tygo
147 Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)::Descent 2nd Edition Review For Three Types of Players by bryanwinter
141 Star Trek: Fleet Captains::Space may be the Final Frontier, but it's made in a Hollywood basement by Geosphere
140 Dungeon!::Why bother? by revgiblet
139 1989: Dawn of Freedom::[Roger's Reviews] 1989: Looking for Freedom by leroy43
137 Dominant Species: The Card Game::[Roger's Reviews] DS: The Card Game by leroy43
134 Eclipse::An attempt at objectivity by crunk_posby
133 Android: Netrunner::Netrunner: A dissenting opinion by rhitmojo
132 Agents of SMERSH::Agents of SMERSH or How I had Fun Saving the World with True Spy Flare by Richard Launius
131 Bios: Megafauna::BIOS: MEGAFAUNA an Illustrated Review by Steve Carey
129 Merchant of Venus::A Modern Classic by doubtofbuddha
127 Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar::Tzolk'in: Mayan Calendar review by Uncle G
127 Eclipse::Experienced Review of the Eclipse Experience by dlhammond
126 Hawaii::Ode to Hawaii by entwife
126 Space Hulk::[Voice of Experience] Space Hulk: The Game, The Legend, The Legacy by Spacehulk
124 Dominion::[Voice of Experience] Dominion: 4000 plays later by theory
123 Ginkgopolis::The Future of City Building by woodnoggin
122 Twilight Struggle::An Honest Review from a Non-Hardcore Strategy Gamer's Perspective by jininthenet
122 Caylus::Why is Caylus still in the Top Ten after 7 years? by jjacjackson
121 Virgin Queen::[Roger's Reviews] Virgin Queen: Here I Stood by leroy43
117 Here I Stand::[Voice of Experience] Here I Strategize by ludovicomartinengo
117 Suburbia::Suburban Stratagems by doubtofbuddha
116 Rex: Final Days of an Empire::REX: First impressions. by kvinnherad
115 Combat Commander: Europe::Why I've given up on Combat Commander after 17 plays by Boots01
114 San Juan::Ender's Pictorial Overview: Why I love San Juan. And why I love it even more with the new expansion cards! by EndersGame
114 Mage Wars Arena::Water and Alcohol, a comparison of Mage Wars and Summoner Wars by KRWoods1
113 Mage Knight Board Game::Mage Knight - A Review by Grumsh
112 Rex: Final Days of an Empire::So many changes - how come it feels so similar? by abredon
112 Panzer (second edition)::Initial Impressions of GMT's rendition of Jim Day's PANZER board wargame by ericmwalters
111 Mice and Mystics::Mice and Mystics review from Gen-Con by MBeach
111 Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)::Complete first edition owner has his say. by Tiddleydwarf
111 Eclipse::Don't Trade Away That Copy of Twilight Imperium Just Yet by MScrivner
110 Victory in the Pacific::Withstanding the Test of Time by gittes
108 Napoleon's Triumph::Review after 100 plays by Zarion of Arabel
107 Zombicide::Total Lack of Balance by tofof
106 Rex: Final Days of an Empire::Rex: A Different Perspective by qrux
106 Legends of Andor::A Cook Like an Artist Adventure by lacxox
106 7 Wonders: Cities::A review of 7 Wonders: Cities (with pictures!) by SBHD
106 Android: Netrunner::Android: Netrunner - Review. Some thoughts and comparisons to Magic: the Gathering by Gordo789
105 Innovation::[Voice of Experience] Innovation After Eight – No, 90 – No, 168 Plays (And Counting!) by W Eric Martin
103 Lords of Waterdeep::Lords of Waterdeep: Mostly Harmless by navajas
103 Kingdom of Solomon::Ender's Comprehensive Pictorial Overview: Successfully bringing the excellence of Caylus-style worker placement to Bible times by EndersGame
102 Mage Knight Board Game::Mage Knight – Another Mixed Review by Casualgod by casualgod
102 Ninjato::[Voice of Experience] Ninjato: A review of the game on its own merits, and in comparison to Stone Age by shadow_bind
101 Summoner Wars: Master Set::Summoner Wars - A Detailed Review Part I by Neil Thomson
100 1989: Dawn of Freedom::1989: A Year for the History Books -- and a Game to Match by weishaupt
100 Ora et Labora::Component Quality Review - Separating the Truth from the Hysteria by ludopoly
100 Fortress America::A missed opportunity, but still a good purchase for the right customer by pete belli
100 Mage Knight Board Game::A Lot to Like...but.... by Thunder
100 Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island::Europhile reviews: A first play of this new Essen 2012 release. by Adam78
100 Star Wars: The Card Game::NinjaDorg's Star Wars: The Card Game Review by ninjadorg
99 We Must Tell the Emperor::Historical evaluation and cultural analysis by pete belli
99 Africana::Valdora Done Right by lacxox
98 Earth Reborn::My Favorite Game: An In-Depth Look at Earth Reborn by iskerisky
97 Infiltration::An Infiltration Review by Action Phase
97 CO₂::Vital Lacerda's Best Game (So Far) by doubtofbuddha
97 Archipelago::Why Archipelago Deserves to be Played by auschwito
97 Lincoln's War::Destined for Greatness by gittes
97 Archaeology: The Card Game::The PLAYMOBIL® Legion reviews "Archaeology: The Card Game" by EmeraldYam
96 Commands & Colors: Ancients::Why this game is a perfect 10 by Namrok
96 Mare Balticum::Ender's Comprehensive Pictorial Overview: Isn't this the game with incredible artwork made of modeling clay? by EndersGame
96 Eclipse::Greatness through the next wormhole? by curtc
96 Lost Battles::Lost Battles - A Negative Review by Cleitus the Black
94 Mage Knight Board Game::Mage Knight: A Box of Contradictions by davidlhsl
91 Race for the Galaxy: The Brink of War::After 740 plays :) by Alex Brown
89 Power Grid: The Robots::A review of the Robots expansion by eric_s_raymond
88 Tigris & Euphrates::A Class of Its Own by drunkenKOALA
88 Napoleon's Triumph::The most beautiful game in the universe. by Amnese
88 Star Wars: The Card Game::Star Wars LCG: I've Got a Bad Feeling About This... by Azgard12
88 The Lord of the Rings: Nazgul::LOTR Nazgul Review after 1 play (2 plays) by zenmazster
87 Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)::Descent: Journey to bedtime (A parent's perspective) by macdaddy256
87 Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)::Kartigan's Bullet Point Reviews, Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition) by Kartigan
87 Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game::Initial Impressions/Review by baliw
86 Space Empires: 4X::Space Empires 4X - A Written Review by Grumsh
86 Monopoly::An enthusiastic review of my new favorite game by guyjacobson
86 Stone Age::We didn’t like Stone Age: Here’s why by veemonroe
85 Mage Knight Board Game::A first play (and probably last) first (and probably last) impression by Mallgur
85 Trajan::A short review from a gamer's wife by heylisarenee
85 Dominant Species::[Roger's Reviews] Dominant Species, 3rd edition: An Intelligent Re-Design by leroy43
84 Eclipse::Eclipsing the Hype by TheRakeman

RPGGeek (RPGs)
51 Pathfinder Roleplaying Game::Ten reasons you'll love it...and ten reasons you'll hate it! by vestige
37 Pathfinder Roleplaying Game::A Pathfinder Primer for those who know D&D 3.5 by vestige
35 Dungeons & Dragons (4th Edition)::5000+ words of a new roleplayer's likes, dislikes, and suggestions by tatoolo
29 Marvel Heroic Roleplaying::Marvel Heroic Roleplaying Basic Game Review by MarkMeredith11
24 Microscope::A hop, skip, and a jump through time – one of the most fascinating games of 2011! by vestige
24 Lady Blackbird::The best free RPG anywhere in the wild blue yonder! by vestige
23 Pathfinder Roleplaying Game::My Review of the Pathfinder Systerm (PFRPG) by TimsterMonRpg
22 Dungeon World::Dungeon World - Good for both new and experienced role playing gamers by mournful
20 Fabled Lands Gamebooks::Fabled Lands - I had no idea a book could do that! by trystanosaurus
20 Agone::epic fantasy with poise by regency_rhi
19 Star Wars (Saga)::Star Wars (Saga) Review - The Force is Strong in This One. by Wired_Wolf
17 Marvel Heroic Roleplaying::PDF Review by Sam and Max
17 Blue Rose::A rose in any other colour... would still be eaten by the psychic horses? by regency_rhi
14 Call of Cthulhu (2nd - 6th Edition)::CoC 6th edition - core rules review by Kallisto
13 Doctor Who: Adventures in Time and Space::PDF Review and Buyer's Guide by Sam and Max
12 Lone Wolf Gamebooks::Lone Wolf and Seventh Sense App -- A Revisit by chaosbreaker
12 It Came from the Late, Late, Late Show (1st, 2nd & 3rd edition)::It Came From the Late, Late, Late Show. A Late, Late, Late Review. by pwilz
12 Ysgarth::The Ysgarth Rule System 1982 by Wimplesaur
12 Mermaid Adventures::The Short Version? This is a great game for kids with an easy system and an engaging premise. by sdonohue
11 World of Dungeons::World of Dungeons initial review by FullTinCan
10 Blue Planet (Revised)::Blue Planet: It's still a sandbox filled with water. Awesome water. by thomas d
9 Bifrost::Bifrost I by Wimplesaur
9 The Blood of Heroes (Special Edition)::MEGS system Review (Blood of Heroes & DC Heroes, all editions) by SJBenoist
8 Chronicles of Skin (2nd Edition)::Chronicles of Skin - a review by grlipilu
8 Bifrost::Bifrost IV by Wimplesaur
8 Vikings and Valkyrs::A Thorough and Objective Review [Vikings and Valkyrs] by Astinex
8 Star Wars (WEG 2nd Edition)::West End Games Star Wars RPG: Second Edition vs. Second Edition Revised and Expanded Edition by El_Tonio
7 Outbreak: Undead::A Review - A terrible layout ruins an otherwise great system. by cazantyl
5 Rotworld::A Short Review by a Zed Lover by mcookman65

RPGGeek (RPG Items)
45 Star Wars: Edge of the Empire (Beta)::A Fringer's Primer [Strange Assembly Reviews] by Daramere
40 Marvel Heroic Roleplaying: Basic Game::Good, Narrativist, Basic by aramis
36 Fiasco::The Short Version? Saying anything bad about this game is like TILTing at windmills by sdonohue
36 Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game::Review and Unboxing by mayonesiac
36 Advanced Player's Guide::The book that transformed Pathfinder into a juggernaut by vestige
33 Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Beginner Box::A Great Entrypoint to a Great Roleplaying Game by wavemotion
33 Dungeon World Roleplaying Game::What's old is new again! by wavemotion
33 The Burning Wheel Fantasy Roleplaying System (Gold)::The Burning Wheel Gold Review, or How I learned to Love Contention by Boots01
31 Diaspora::Traveller-ing to the far future with FATE – and some gorgeous little minigames! by vestige
29 Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game::Old School (of Hard Knocks) by Sam and Max
28 Empire in Flames::A Series in Flames by edige23
28 Public Playtest Package (2012-05-24)::Whence D&D? A look at the first of the Next steps by vestige
28 Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook::It’ll do, but thank god it has an index... by vestige
28 Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Beginner Box::The Best Complete Intro RPG Kit by chaosbreaker
28 Dungeons & Dragons Basic Set (First Edition)::The boxed set that set the standard by ealdrich
28 Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Beginner Box::A Beginners View of the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Beginner Box by trox
28 Public Playtest Package (2012-08-17)::The first look at your next D&D...err, D&D Next, character by vestige
27 Dungeon World Basic Roleplaying Game::In search of the essence of D&D – and why every D&D player should read this book! by vestige
27 I6: Ravenloft::I vahnt to suck your blood! Perhaps the best of the best by vestige
26 Kingmaker Player's Guide::Preparing you to take over the world…or at least about 100 hexes of it by vestige
26 Tales of Blades and Heroes::Semi-Review of Tales of Blades and Heroes by sos1
26 Monster of the Week::Hunting vampires, Mongolian death worms, and terrors from the beyond – Powered by the Apocalypse! by vestige
26 Rise of the Runelords Anniversary Edition::The town of Sandpoint needs you! by Bearpaw
26 Gamma World Roleplaying Game::A campy, satirical reboot of a classic game by MJ Harnish
26 Advanced Race Guide::So, a half-orc, a fetchling, and a wayang walk into a bar... by vestige
26 U1: The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh::An old classic that falls short today by vestige
25 The Slayer's Guide to Female Gamers::The Short Version? Despite the warning, this book is neither adult nor funny. by sdonohue
25 Mouse Guard Roleplaying Game Box Set::A Mouseguard Review: Chasing Tales by Wired_Wolf
25 Pathfinder Cards: Condition Cards::The single most useful Pathfinder player aid anywhere! by vestige
25 Savage Worlds Explorer's Edition::I have come to worship at the temple of (slightly too) Light Entertainment! – IR #27 by Hida Mann
25 Dungeon World Basic Roleplaying Game::One of my very favorite recent games by MJ Harnish
25 Inner Sea Primer::An excellent introduction to Paizo’s Golarion setting – and yet you should probably buy something else! by vestige
25 The Great Pendragon Campaign::Epic by Scrowe
24 X3: Curse of Xanathon::Do you have a Dwarf in the group? Go Directly to Jail! by lorddillon
24 NPC Codex::Got stat blocks? An impressive rogue’s gallery for Pathfinder by vestige
24 Hollowpoint::Top-Down Review of Hollowpoint by GHoooSTS
24 GAZ10: The Orcs of Thar::They're Just Loveable Goofballs-- AAAAH MY SPLEEN!!! by edige23
24 Fiasco Companion::The Short Version? "Prepare yourself for an RPG encounter so intense it could conceivably change your political viewpoint"* by sdonohue
24 Middle-earth Role Playing (1st Edition, Revised)::MERP, as Reviewed by Bilbo Baggins by E Decker
24 GURPS Cyberpunk::A fantastic book that almost killed the company by ealdrich
24 N4: Treasure Hunt::It doesn’t get much more novice than this! Aaron Allston’s master class in how adventurers – and DMs – are made! by vestige
24 Dungeons & Dragons Official Roleplaying Soundtrack::D&D Soundtrack: a superb production by Stelio
24 B10: Night's Dark Terror::Phenomenal! All the best of old and new by vestige
24 tremulus::How does Cthulhu stack up in the pantheon of apocalypse worlds? by vestige
24 X10: Red Arrow, Black Shield::War machines! Diplomacy! Battle systems! And action figures! by vestige
24 Dungeon Delve::Dungeon Delve: Interesting approach, faulty execution by Windjammer
24 GAZ6: The Dwarves of Rockhome::In the Halls of the Mountain Kings by edige23
23 The Banewarrens::Monte Cook is trying to save D&D – but can he write a decent adventure? by vestige
23 Dragon Age RPG, Set 1::Dragon Age : Not the video game by a long shot! by Wired_Wolf
23 T1-4: The Temple of Elemental Evil::A trip down memory lane by MJ Harnish
23 Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game::For the Love of Old School Style! by Modoc
23 Carcosa::Descent of the Six-Thousand Steps by IndyRick
23 Gamma World Roleplaying Game::Gamma World RPG - A Review by Grumsh
23 X2: Castle Amber (Château d' Amberville)::A little bit wilderness, a little bit dungeon, a little bit horror, a little bit comedy, a whole lot deadly by lorddillon
23 X5: Temple of Death::Deadly serious. Except for the Kingdom of the Moon. And the flying ships. And the mushrooms. And... by vestige
23 X1: The Isle of Dread::Returning to the Isle of Dread... again and again and again. by MerricB
23 Pathfinder #55: The Wormwood Mutiny::Shiver me timbers, that’s some serious role-playing: a brilliant opening to Paizo’s piratical adventure path! by vestige
22 GameMastery Cards: Critical Hit Deck::Not quite a crit, but definitely a threat... IR #52 by Hida Mann
22 E1: Carnival of Tears::It’s a carnival, what could possibly go wrong? Paizo's goriest adventure by vestige
22 Malleus Monstrorum::Cthulhu's Monster Manual by Red Wine Pie
22 X4: Master of the Desert Nomads::Of deserts, railroads, and truth in advertising by vestige
22 TSR Silver Anniversary Collector's Edition::So I have $100 burning a hole in my pocket. Is this worth it? Part 1 by ealdrich
22 Gnomes of Golarion::Because somebody’s got to stand up for the little guy, even if he’s obnoxious and annoying! by vestige
22 S1: Tomb of Horrors::Death Trap or ... Cake Walk? by ealdrich
22 Dark Dungeons::Mostly Harmless by ealdrich
22 GURPS Ultra-Lite::Perhaps the greatest understatement in all of role playing. by ealdrich
22 Ultimate Equipment::Decorate your magic item Christmas tree in style! by vestige
22 Cthulhu by Gaslight::British Empire Cthulhu - Holmes v. the Mythos by Red Wine Pie
22 Power Behind the Throne::Your Own Worst Enemy by edige23
22 Distant Worlds::Pathfinder…in SPAAAAAACCCCCCE! Except, not really…. by vestige
22 Hillfolk (Kickstarter Preview Edition)::The Riddle of Iron: Drama in the Hills by edige23
21 Giants Revisited::On the Shoulders of Giants by Bearpaw
21 A Time of War: The BattleTech RPG::Where did the fun go? by karlkrlarsson
21 Public Playtest Package (2012-05-24)::Thoughts after 1 Session of DnDNext by lorddillon
21 Everything is Dolphins::No Seriously, Everything is Dolphins. by edige23
21 Signs of Faith::Not bad, not great, but better than catching Nurgle's Rot - IR #58 by Hida Mann
21 Demon: The Fallen::Older than Cain by karlkrlarsson
21 GameMastery Flip-Mat: Pirate Island::A review of a WHAT?!?!? - IR #29 by Hida Mann
21 B3: Palace of the Silver Princess (Green)::Introductory D&D at its most forgettable by MerricB
21 Fiasco Companion::To Fiasc or not to Fiasc, that is the - wait, what? IR #43 by Hida Mann
21 Civil War Premium Event Book::Civil War review by Sam and Max
21 Carcosa::Carcosa Review by FullTinCan
21 Never Unprepared: The Complete Game Master's Guide to Session Prep::Never Unprepared - a detailed review. by GilvanBlight
21 N1: Against the Cult of the Reptile God::There’s an 80% chance that this the best adventure about a reptile god you've ever read! by vestige
21 Lure of Power::I will have ALL the power by regency_rhi
21 Horror on the Orient Express::All Aboard for Funtimes.. and Madness by Red Wine Pie
21 Chronica Feudalis::So you wanna get medieval on his a**? by vestige
20 The World's Largest Dungeon::A Thorough and Objective Review [The World's Largest Dungeon] by Astinex
20 Book 09: Caverns of the Snow Witch::Caverns of the Snow Witch for Four Year Olds - IR #28 by Hida Mann
20 Escape from Innsmouth (2nd Edition)::It’s beginning to look a lot like Fishmen... by Red Wine Pie
20 Black Crusade Core Rulebook::In the grim, dark grimness of the dark 41st Milennium, there are only two adjectives… IR #34 by Hida Mann
20 U3: The Final Enemy::Is this really what happens when house values go underwater? by vestige
20 Deadlands Weird Wailin's (official RPG soundtrack)::Weird Wailin's: doesn't do the job it ought to by Stelio
20 The Purple Worm Graveyard::Purple Star Shine, Groovy Far Lotus by IndyRick
20 F3: Many Gates of the Gann::One of the best of the Old School movement by bryce0lynch
20 GAZ11: The Republic of Darokin::Capitalist Fantasia? by edige23
20 GAZ1: The Grand Duchy of Karameikos::A Rich Tapestry by edige23
20 Omens of War::Saddle up, Lock and Load - IR#64 by Hida Mann
20 The Village of Larm::I PITY THE FOOL that learns D&D form this. by bryce0lynch
20 Tatters of the King::Have you seen the Yellow Sign? by Scrowe

VideoGameGeek
24 Dragon's Lair::How Dragon's Lair brought an end to the Golden Age of Arcades and almost wrecked all video games. by andrewhodkinson
22 Star Wars: The Old Republic::My first and last 20 levels of the Old Republic by Juleske
21 Catherine::A Tale of Two Very Different Games by msnobody
21 BioShock::A Man Chooses, A Slave Obeys by Ziilch
20 Diablo III::Review of the possible Game of the Year by Astartus
20 Bastion::Best 2D action-RPG in years by Kodeir
19 Ico::A Playstation 2 Game Review: Ico by frumpish
19 Team Fortress 2::_Kael_'s longish review on Team Fortress 2 by _Kael_
19 To the Moon::The value of games as storytelling devices: case in point by Lord_Kristof
18 Trine::Not Good, Not Bad, Just Meh by Kodeir
18 Batman: Arkham City::Batman: Arkham City - Extended Bulletpoint Review by Lord_Kristof
17 Mass Effect 3::The Cycle Is Complete: A Mass Effect 3 Review by ogermino
17 Portal::Original, Very Original by spacewolf009
17 Myth: The Fallen Lords::The Video Game as Novel by gittes
17 Jurassic Park (Genesis)::A Tale of Two Games by gittes
17 Dune II: The Building of a Dynasty::The 16 Bit Miracle by gittes
16 Ring of Red::1960's Mech Combat by thucydides2004
16 Sonic the Hedgehog 2::"That’s Why They Call Me Sonic I’m Faster than Speed of Sound and Light Combined" - Duane and BrandO by gittes
16 Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars::An SNES Game Review: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars by frumpish
16 Super Mario World::A Video Game Review: Super Mario World by frumpish
16 Elder Sign: Omens::Your dice really are trying to kill you: Elder Sign Omens by Wahoffelmadenga
16 Saints Row: The Third::Over the Top Goofiness by Kodeir
16 Birds of Steel::Birds of Steel Review - WWII dogfighting, in technicolor by Bullseye71
16 Psychonauts::This, gentlemen, is creativity by Kodeir
16 Magic: The Gathering – Tactics::Not so magical: A review of Magic: The Gathering - Tactics by Wahoffelmadenga
15 Dragon Quest::Removing the Nostalgia Goggles: Dragon Warrior by DoomTurtle
15 Dungeons of Dredmor::Dungeons of Dredmor: Pure Roguelike Entertainment by spacewolf009
15 Mass Effect::A Turian, an Asari, and a Geth Walk Into a Bar... by StealthDonut
15 The Walking Dead: Season One: Episode 1 - A New Day::Review of the Whole Game (Episodes 1-5) by banyan
15 Super Castlevania IV::A SNES Game Review: Super Castlevania IV by frumpish
15 Elder Sign: Omens::Take LoveCraft 101 For The iPad…Sadly, Professor Cthulhu Will Not Be Available For This Class by mace92
15 Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II::There He Is! Blast Him! by gittes
15 Afterfall: Insanity::Afterfall: Insanity - It's madness! Madness I say! by wytefang
15 The Witcher::A Solid RPG Which Suffers from Pacing Issues by Kodeir
15 Magic: The Gathering – Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013::A Little Worse Than Last Year [A Strange Assembly Review] by Daramere
15 Rampage::Removing the Nostalgia Goggles: Rampage by DoomTurtle
15 Close Combat: A Bridge Too Far::PC Squad Leader by gittes
14 Grand Theft Auto IV::Oh how the mighty have fallen. by Bending Unit 22
14 NHL Hockey (Intellivision)::Historically Significant Licensed Game Still A Fun Diversion by Michael Dorosh
14 DCS: A-10C Warthog::_Kael_'s longish review on DCS: A-10C Warthog by _Kael_
14 Dragon Age: Origins::Stemming the Blight with Fireballs by Ziilch
14 HλLF-LIFE::My Brief and Unworthy Review by gittes
14 The Secret World::First Impressions from an RPGer and noob by edige23
14 Soul Ladder::A Browser Game Review: Soul Ladder by frumpish
14 Ecco: The Tides of Time::The Stone That Split the Stream of Time by banyan
14 Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War – Platinum Edition::Epic Real Time Strategy in the world of Warhammer 40,000 by Grimwold
14 XCOM: Enemy Unknown::Terror from the Past: A Reimagining of a Classic Game by Ziilch
14 Minecraft::Map Review: Super Hostile 09 - Sunburn Islands by The Message
14 Terranigma::Here are Beauties Which Pierce Like Swords or Burn Like Cold Iron. Here is a Game Which Will Break Your Heart by gittes
14 Rage::Rage: The more streamlined way to shoot-up a post-apocalyptic wasteland -- Single-player PC review by bugeeker
14 Super Mario Land::Removing the Nostalgia Goggles: Super Mario Land by DoomTurtle
14 Starbase Orion::My new addiction by sbszine
14 Suveh Nux::A Video Game Review: Suveh Nux by frumpish
14 Super Mario Sunshine::A GameCube Game Review: Super Mario Sunshine by frumpish
13 LEGO Batman: The Videogame::Why do we fall? by Ncik
13 Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning::Can A Game Be Fun With a Boring Cliched Story? by msnobody
13 Super Paper Mario::A Wii Game Review: Super Paper Mario by frumpish
13 Jeanne d'Arc::Remember back when England commanded armies of demons and pig-men? by tatoolo
13 Elder Sign: Omens::Surprisingly, intriguingly, frustratingly corruptive...beware! by Natus
13 Wolfenstein 3D::The Joy of the Kill or For Guns and Glory, Press N. For Work and Worry, Press Y by gittes
13 Heavy Rain::A Modern Thriller You Can Change by msnobody
13 Burrito Bison::A Browser Game Review: Burrito Bison by frumpish
13 The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past::May the Way of the Hero Lead to the Triforce by gittes
13 Hotline Miami::Hotline Miami, a raving review by cafeine
13 Radiata Stories::A few good shocks by awakeneddragon
13 Saints Row: The Third::Saints Row The Third - Surprise Hit of the Year by Gnomish Mustard
13 Jaws::Better than the Movie! No Really! by gittes
13 Diamond Hollow II::A Browser Game Review: Diamond Hollow II by frumpish
13 Batman (TG-16)::The Caped Custodian by thucydides2004
13 Splatterhouse::A Video Game Review: Splatterhouse by frumpish
13 Fable::A Video Game Review: Fable by frumpish
13 Mirror's Edge::A flawed, but genius, game by StatSig
13 Deus Ex: Human Revolution::Augmenting a Classic: A Deus Ex Human Revolution Review (Xbox 360) by Wahoffelmadenga
12 Mark of the Ninja::A well-done, focused stealth experience by StatSig
12 Kirby's Epic Yarn::A Wii Game Review: Kirby's Epic Yarn by frumpish
12 The Blackwell Legacy::An original adventure game that doesn’t pull any punches by Juleske
12 God of War::A Playstation 2 Review: God of War by frumpish
12 Escape Velocity Nova::Take me out to the black: a compilation review of the best plug-ins, expansions, and total conversions for Escape Velocity Nova by Mymil
12 Castle Crashers::Castle Crashers - A Review Almost Four Years After the Release by Gnomish Mustard
12 10000000::The definition of "Just once more:" 10000000 is addictive and unique by StatSig
12 Dead Island::Highly underrated survival horror! by fightcitymayor
12 Anno 2070::Anno 2070 - Clear Up Your Schedule Before Playing This! by Gnomish Mustard
12 Doom::Hell Hath No Fury... by gittes
12 Outlaw Golf 2::Taking the "Go" out of "Golf" by Ncik
12 Chrono Trigger::A trip back in time that doesn't go so well. by Cynical
12 Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective::Haunting furniture and saving redheads by Maevre
12 William and Sly 2::A Browser Game Review: William and Sly 2 by frumpish
12 Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning::A game about breaking the bonds of fate leaves you with little choice in the matter by Nazhuret
12 Captain America and the Avengers::Captain America and the Avengers on Genesis and SNES by thucydides2004
12 Super Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back::“You are beaten! It is useless to resist!” - Darth Vader by gittes
12 Dragon's Dogma::Dragon's Dogma review: initial thoughts by jeffreyac
12 B-17 Bomber::Unique hybrid of flight sim and arcade game, fun in its day, slightly gimmicky by Michael Dorosh
12 Crazy Taxi::A Video Game Review: Crazy Taxi by frumpish
12 Jurassic Park: Rampage Edition::The Sequel about a Machine Gun Wielding Paleontologist and a Ninja Raptor by gittes
12 Wacky Races (NES)::Removing the Nostalgia Goggles: Wacky Races by DoomTurtle
12 The Binding of Isaac::The Reviewing of Isaac by 38thDoE
12 Assassin's Creed: Revelations::Assasin's Creed: Revelations - A Useless Sequel by wizcreations
12 Age of Empires III::What have they done?? by spacewolf009
11 Blazing Angels II: Secret Missions of WWII::_Kael_'s not nice review on Blazing Angels II: Secret Missions of WWII by _Kael_
11 Assassin's Creed III::If you prefer napping to stabbing, then this is the Ass Creed for you! by fightcitymayor

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am on a Journey...
Australia
Lavington
New South Wales
flag msg tools
...to explore and discover games of all shapes and sizes regardless of colour, condition or creed
mbmbmbmbmb
Where you finished on this list is irrelevant...but if you are on the list thank you for the quality content - it's a pleasure to read it all each week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmb
Neil Thomson wrote:
Where you finished on this list is irrelevant...but if you are on the list thank you for the quality content - it's a pleasure to read it all each week.

I concur Neil - we appreciate all reviews whether or not they "place" on this list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mb
Four of my reviews made the top 100. I'm very pleased.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hurray - my first review, in my first year on BGG, and I made the top 100!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford the Youngest (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
Bifford the Youngest @ www.byfordphotos.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
None of mine made it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Goh
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
Budding wargamer
badge
My role model for his brains, calm demeanour and appetite for snacks!
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:
Neil Thomson wrote:

I concur Neil - we appreciate all reviews whether or not they "place" on this list.

Well said
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
Pleased to see eight entries to the Voice of Experience contest, and several excellent negative reviews. Also, woo top 10!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Wasserman
United States
Morgantown
WV
flag msg tools
I don't think he would like that.
badge
"A single action or event is interesting, not because it is explainable, but because it is true." - Goethe via Boas
mb
Don't be put off by the low thumb counts on the VGG reviews. There are some really excellent ones in there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorik
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
What I write is my opinion so there's no need to be humble about it
mbmbmbmbmb
Mymil wrote:
Don't be put off by the low thumb counts on the VGG reviews. There are some really excellent ones in there.

yeah I agree.
it's the same for geeklists, Images and everything I think. the amount of traffic is in a complete different order of Magnitude.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
I see we're saving the best for last!
Go me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ThirtyEighth
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm happily surprised to see one of mine up there ^_^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enjoy some homing fireballs!
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find it hilarious that my only entry in the list is my sole review contest entry that didn't win its month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Lavarnway
United States
Horseheads
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Long live written reviews. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ender Wiggins
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
francisthe3rd wrote:

The numbers actually show a declining interest in written reviews.

Here's the number of thumbs received by the #1 most popular written review from the last four years:
2009: 800+
2010: 402
2011: 367
2012: 274

The number of thumbs received by the #100 most popular written review from the last four years shows the same trend:
2009: 127
2010: 114
2011: 91
2012: 84
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice to see some Voice of Experience reviews on there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
EndersGame wrote:
francisthe3rd wrote:

The numbers actually show a declining interest in written reviews.

Here's the number of thumbs received by the #1 most popular written review from the last four years:
2009: 800+
2010: 402
2011: 367
2012: 274

The number of thumbs received by the #100 most popular written review from the last four years shows the same trend:
2009: 127
2010: 114
2011: 91
2012: 84

Could that just be a side effect of increased volume? More people are writing reviews, and so the thumbs get more widely disbursed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ender Wiggins
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kurthl33t wrote:
Could that just be a side effect of increased volume? More people are writing reviews, and so the thumbs get more widely disbursed?

According to the 2012 BoardGameGeek Analytics, the number of written reviews actually dropped by 7.75% from 2011 to 2012.

I think the reduced popularity of written reviews can be attributed to two things:

1. The lower profile of written reviews on the BGG default front page. They used to be at the top of the page, with the most thumbed reviews staying in the public eye for a longer time, creating an effect of cascading success. The default setting for written reviews is now to arrange them by most recent instead of hottest, thumbs count towards hottest for a shorter period of time, and the reviews themselves get a much more obscure place down on the BGG front page. Personally I find this a pity.

2. The rise of video reviews over the last couple of years. Previously written reviews were one of the only ways of learning about new games, and pictorial reviews were especially valuable in showing folks what a game looked like and how it worked. Video reviews now provide an alternative way of doing this, thus lessening the value of written reviews for some users. While the crop of early video reviewers could be counted on one hand, we're now seeing a growing number of excellent video reviewers as the technology becomes cheaper and more readily available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sizemore
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.NevermoreGames.com
badge
This is NOT a Chihuahua. It is a Sphynx cat. A bald, grouchy Sphynx cat who will bite you if you mistake him for a Chihuahua.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow -- I had no idea! Very nice, thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristen McCarty
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, one of my reviews made it, that's unexpected, thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
It's kind of funny that there's like 15 Mage Knight reviews in that list. Dedicated fans I suppose...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am on a Journey...
Australia
Lavington
New South Wales
flag msg tools
...to explore and discover games of all shapes and sizes regardless of colour, condition or creed
mbmbmbmbmb
EndersGame wrote:
kurthl33t wrote:

According to the 2012 BoardGameGeek Analytics, the number of written reviews actually dropped by 7.75% from 2011 to 2012.

I think the reduced popularity of written reviews can be attributed to two things:

1. The lower profile of written reviews on the BGG default front page. They used to be at the top of the page, with the most thumbed reviews staying in the public eye for a longer time, creating an effect of cascading success. The default setting for written reviews is now to arrange them by most recent instead of hottest, thumbs count towards hottest for a shorter period of time, and the reviews themselves get a much more obscure place down on the BGG front page. Personally I find this a pity.

2. The rise of video reviews over the last couple of years. Previously written reviews were one of the only ways of learning about new games, and pictorial reviews were especially valuable in showing folks what a game looked like and how it worked. Video reviews now provide an alternative way of doing this, thus lessening the value of written reviews for some users. While the crop of early video reviewers could be counted on one hand, we're now seeing a growing number of excellent video reviewers as the technology becomes cheaper and more readily available.

So should i stop writing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Scott
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Neil Thomson wrote:

Noooooooooooooooooooo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am on a Journey...
Australia
Lavington
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
puncr0c wrote:
Neil Thomson wrote:

Noooooooooooooooooooo!

I was of course joking...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
navajas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ego boost. Thanks folks. Now, if only those six people who thumbed the post, not the thread, had known what's up I'd move up even higher on the list. I think that would have been my set of steak knives.

EDIT: Are there stats for total number of reviews approved?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.