Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Sosa
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
I will break him.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I really enjoy the game even though I do not like most other deck builders but ... is it just me or are the card images horrible? It looks like someone took a poor quality picture of the show showing on an old CRT. It is bad to the point of being distracting and reduces my enjoyment.

Are similar low resolution images used in the other sets? If so I'm not buying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Fanchi
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Next Phase images are on par with the first set. I can't speak to the Original Series set since I haven't played it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Vore
United States
Lebanon
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I dont think it is bad quality as it is they used a funky filter or image effects on the images. like promo picard looks weird on one side of his head.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Cassens
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mb
TOS is better. The photos for most of the TNG stuff are screen grabs, and sme of that stuff only JUST got redone in hi res, and much of the rest isn't even done yet. They are releasing season 2 on blu ray, so that will provide some more, but ultimately for better quality we will need to wait for Paramount to actually make better quality images first.

If you go back and watch the first three seasons of TNG you'll notice the crappy quality there as well, it was just the way 'twas!

Cheers,

Jacovis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Horinek
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Stairway scare, Dan Dare, who's there!
mbmbmbmbmb
TOS looks much better. The pictures are sharper and the graphics are somehow more appealing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sosa
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
I will break him.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have Decipher's old Star Trek CCG which used the same images and it looks great. Something cheap is going on here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The TNG images are likely from the DVD masters (maybe even normal DVDs) and so will not have the quality of BD remastered masters to pull images from.

Deciphers are usually smaller images. It also depends on what sources Paramount give you to work on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.