Police Precinct» Forums » General

Subject: Mad Men Deck rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Lorence Syfargo
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! I'm interested in this game, but what is inside the mad men deck? I know this is a kickstarter exclusive, but will i be able to pnp a copy of this for myself?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
fargy wrote:
Hi! I'm interested in this game, but what is inside the mad men deck? I know this is a kickstarter exclusive, but will i be able to pnp a copy of this for myself?

Ryan, you are in luck! The Kickstarter backers have been very generous with us about letting us share these cards with with others.

If you order a copy of the game at this time (during the Pre-Release phase, which is the time-frame prior to The Street Date, i.e. NOW), you will get 3 random cards form the Mad Men Deck. That is our little bonus to you for supporting us in this project during the Pre-Release phase.

These cards are basically extra Event cards that are particularly difficult to solve. They are all level 5 or level 6 cards. Using one or two, or even 3 or more to spice-up the event deck can make the game more challenging. Actually there are a variety (many) ways to make the game more challenging. These are all outlined in the rules. The game plays very tight without any tweaking, but I say "why not spice it up!"

Follow this link if you want to take a closer look at the game...

http://www.commonman.com/new-releases/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Common Man Games wrote:
fargy wrote:

Ryan, you are in luck! The Kickstarter backers have been very generous with us about letting us share these cards with with others.

If you order a copy of the game at this time (during the Pre-Release phase, which is the time-frame prior to The Street Date, i.e. NOW), you will get 3 random cards form the Mad Men Deck. That is our little bonus to you for supporting us in this project during the Pre-Release phase.

These cards are basically extra Event cards that are particularly difficult to solve. They are all level 5 or level 6 cards. Using one or two, or even 3 or more to spice-up the event deck can make the game more challenging. Actually there are a variety (many) ways to make the game more challenging. These are all outlined in the rules. The game plays very tight without any tweaking, but I say "why not spice it up!"

For those of us getting the Mad Men deck, would you recommend we play the first game with no Mad Men cards in the Event deck? I had just assumed they all got shuffled in
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
jda1974 wrote:
Common Man Games wrote:
fargy wrote:

For those of us getting the Mad Men deck, would you recommend we play the first game with no Mad Men cards in the Event deck? I had just assumed they all got shuffled in

Anything goes of course, but I would like to go on record as saying...

CMG recommends adding Mad Men cards as needed after playing without any at least one time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Houle
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hello! I have preordered the game a week ago or so for the 3 madmen cards and was wondering how many are there in total?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lorence Syfargo
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Common Man Games wrote:
fargy wrote:

:)

Hi! Thank you for the offer, but i can't see myself buying the game if i don't have everything. This is why i moved to playing boardgames from pmaying magic :p
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Uniform13 wrote:
Hello! I have preordered the game a week ago or so for the 3 madmen cards and was wondering how many are there in total?

There are 6 total Mad Men Cards.

Since they are not a new and different mechanic, not many are needed to affect the game.

They are additional Emergency cards and will be mixed in with the Event Deck as desired.

They are effective used in any different mix you prefer, meaning that you can add none, one, two, three, or more to make the game more difficult.

They are, by the way, just one of MANY ways to alter the difficulty (harder or easier). These are listed in the rules (and I'm sure groups will come up with their own ideas on top of this).

Also, over time, we plan to release many expansions that will also enable varied playing experiences, etc.

Stay Tuned!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Houle
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Sweet, thanks for the reply. Cant wait for this to hit the table!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure!!!

Maybe your's will ship today!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.