Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
17 Posts

Fighting Formations: Grossdeutschland Motorized Infantry Division» Forums » General

Subject: rant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
bryan wills
United States
Wonder Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I WANT MORE FIGHTING FORMATIONS!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Bohne
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bwills wrote:

+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo
Brazil
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bwills wrote:

Have you played it all already?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bryan wills
United States
Wonder Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
of course i've played it! i barely won scenario 7 as the germans a couple days ago, it was a great game and i've played scenario 0(multiple times),1(multiple times),8,and 9(multiple times) as well. i plan on playing some of the bigger ones but i usually don't have the time for those.

my point is that it'll be great to have additional nationalities and i can't wait for more!

So I guess I have to honestly say that I haven't played it "all" yet..whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Edwards
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
YA R'LYAH
badge
Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn! With cheeze!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure I want more to be release yet. I have a budget to maintain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Reynolds
Georgia
Brezhnevograd
Former Upper Caucasus
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
In progress.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Gerardy
Canada
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bwills wrote:

I wish. I would be happy with just a small expansion for the current game. A few more maps and scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
pete_g wrote:
A few more maps and scenarios.

And/or a Random Scenario Generator!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Piepho
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can only agree, as FF:GMID is a great game! Chad had indicated that he was working on the 2nd Armoured Division, but progress is slow. See http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/820130/time-line-for-the...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Gerardy
Canada
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skystalker wrote:
I can only agree, as FF:GMID is a great game! Chad had indicated that he was working on the 2nd Armoured Division, but progress is slow. See http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/820130/time-line-for-the...

It's too bad, but it will be worth the wait. I'm wondering why a expansion based on the GD formation hasn't been talked about. It would have been a good quick fix for us before 2nd Armoured.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orion J.N. Winder
United States
Holly Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
ALL ACCESS - ALL THE TIME - DON'T EVEN ASK
mbmbmbmbmb
pete_g wrote:
skystalker wrote:

It's too bad, but it will be worth the wait. I'm wondering why a expansion based on the GD formation hasn't been talked about. It would have been a good quick fix for us before 2nd Armoured.

Yes, and perhaps get the tanks and guns off their sides while at it!

(Heck, I came here to hear a rant, and all I hear here is some pitiful whinin' cool)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Piepho
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
(Heck, I came here to hear a rant, and all I hear here is some pitiful whinin' )

Well, I guess we could start a rant about those sideways tanks as I have to agree; maybe they would do a new set of counters as a c3i add-on, eh? ;)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orion J.N. Winder
United States
Holly Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
ALL ACCESS - ALL THE TIME - DON'T EVEN ASK
mbmbmbmbmb
skystalker wrote:
Quote:
(Heck, I came here to hear a rant, and all I hear here is some pitiful whinin' )

Well, I guess we could start a rant about those sideways tanks as I have to agree; maybe they would do a new set of counters as a c3i add-on, eh?

I think that's a stellar idea! I loved the game at first, then kinda started having real problems looking at the tanks and guns laying on their sides, when using them as overhead look for facing. I started to make up some replacements from some of my old GHQ minis then determined a new order would be needed big time.... Well, then I looked at the prices these things get anymore. OUCH. Budgetary restraints put the kabash on that, and I've kinda gotten off my feed over the game. (I've so many others calling out from the shelves that it's not that bad that happened, I just wish that it'd been more view-user friendly from the start! I know, I'm evidently in the minority here, but I feel that the topdown for these was a pretty no-brainer given the view and that they are facing orientated. Little did I know of current trends in graphic arts, LOL!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Bohne
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skystalker wrote:
Quote:

Well, I guess we could start a rant about those sideways tanks as I have to agree; maybe they would do a new set of counters as a c3i add-on, eh?

Well, if we were ranting (God forbid... ), we should point out that at the speed new issues of C3i magazine are published, FF: 2nd Armored will be out already... (Although I guess we shouldn't complain considering the size of C3i's last issue...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Pearce
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
Re: rant-my own style
Why not FF The Irish Guards? Those guys liberated my dad (AAF) in `45. Or if you must go East why not the first Guards Armored Division? NO, they'll get more votes for the Hiter Jugend or Das Reich.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmb
Roger55 wrote:
Why not FF The Irish Guards?

I'd certainly consider it. Do you have suggestions or links to detailed accounts at the tactical level, enough to fill out a game?

Quote:
Or if you must go East why not the first Guards Armored Division?

You said "go East" so I assumed you meant the Soviets. A quick google search turned up very little for the first Guards Tank Corps (they didn't have armored divisions per se). Did you perhaps mean the British Guards Armored Division?

Quote:
NO, they'll get more votes for the Hiter Jugend or Das Reich.

Don't know what you're on about here. There is no "voting."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jackson Riker
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please Sir I want more....

FF is a great game in Dire Need of some more smaller (2 hour evening long) Tournament scenarios.
Basically, the generic scenario 0 is the most played of all, and we need more of that!
New units and maps (generic is fine for the maps) would keep this great game up to date and happening.
Don't need lots of massive super accurate maps and units if the scenario is going to take all weekend.
Modern gamers simply don't have that kind of time. 2-3 Hours.
That's why Combat Commander is so great.
Funny, but we think that this game is a better more elegant game, and yet we play CC every week, and this game once a quarter.
Why? Too long, and not enough short scenarios.
Chad knows that I feel this way, and he doesn't care
Anyone care to +1 this???

MORE Chad More!
thanks
Action
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.