Subject: Fire, it seems rather complicated... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Gezelius
Sweden
122 48 Årsta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have tried this a couple of times now but have taken away all things connected to fire as that seems rather complicated, rulewise as well as componentwise. Do you think that I miss the best part of the new expansion by doing that? Please let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
very hover
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the fire rules because it adds another element of calculation: making sure that if you set a monster on fire, it will die before it takes out any structures.

Also you will miss out on some powerful spells if you ignore fire completely, making the game a bit harder I imagine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Dunkley
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would stick with fire if I where you, the more you play the easier it will become to remember, the rule book is well organised so just have a quick look when the situation arises, eventually it will stick.
It took me about 4 plays to cover most situations involving fire, it is also a great way to eat away at some of the bigger monsters as they advance, not to mention a well timed shot at a Phoenix to your advantage......More Fire! it certainly adds to the game.

Wizards Tower makes the game far more enjoyable so to answer your question, yes I think you are greatly missing out by excluding the fire rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gezelius
Sweden
122 48 Årsta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot for your responses!
Now maybe I will 'play with fire'!
(Also because I miss out on two of the Mega-Bossses if I dont include fire.)
But I will see.- The ease without, or the richness with?
Thats the question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.