Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shouldn't a Rocket move (much) faster than other monsters?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Stone
United States
Monroe
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only if you keep the rocket pointing in one direction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bishop
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Juggernaut; do you mean effects from cards from the Castle Deck? Hit cards never move monsters without the help of another special card. I'm assuming that you're canceling effects like Drive Him Back or the card that can be combined with a Hit card to push a monster token back a space. I take it the Tar token acts like Tar and thus the Juggernaut moves once every other turn.

I like the idea of the monster "modifier" tokens. I assume they count towards your total draw. If I draw a "Fast" token followed by a "Goblin" token, then I've got a fast goblin and I'm done drawing tokens for the turn. With some of the stuff introduced in the Wizard Tower, I'd much rather draw these Monster Event tokens as opposed to the other choices.

It'd be funny if Medusa turned one of the player's cards to a Brick or something.

Mummy should be instantly killed if it's set on fire!

Pretty neat ideas, fun read. I printed out some of the variants posted here before and used a thin, stick-down tile to mount them on. Worked for a while but over the course of a few months, the glue pretty much ate through the paper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bishop
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, trolls are the go-to monsters for regeneration, but "Troll", of course, is already a monster token.

I like the regeneration aspect. I just think it (or another monster token) should be immediately killed if set on fire. We have monsters that are vulnerable in a certain ring (and invulnerable in others), but none that are especially weak to fire. A mummy wrapped up in a bunch of bandages should go up like dry tinder. Your archers, knights, and swordsmen hack away but he keeps healing his wounds, so someone lights him up and down he goes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bishop
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably. There aren't enough cards that set monster tokens on fire. I'd just make it an Achilles heel. You have to hit the Mummy twice in one turn to kill it OR set it on fire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger McKay
Canada
Bedford
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cush1978 wrote:
Probably. There aren't enough cards that set monster tokens on fire. I'd just make it an Achilles heel. You have to hit the Mummy twice in one turn to kill it OR set it on fire.

That sounds like a good change.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.