Subject: Custom boards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Jolley
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon tyne
Tyne and Wear
flag msg tools
Hey guys a friend and I are making our own board game for personal use and I was wondering if there are any companies that could make a prototype board for us if we send them a design?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can try doing it through thegamecrafter.com. Not sure who else does that sort of thing for just a prototype.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Phillips Beckerman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I save old game boards for this purpose. Easy, since I buy some games for $1 at thrift stores just for the parts. I just print out a design on a good quality linen-finish paper (usually two) and use spray adhesive to attach it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claus Jensen
Denmark
Stenlose
Sealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Depends on what you want, and what you're willing to pay

I have a mate who owns and runs a rather large printing operation, and he claims that he can print on pretty much anything, including but not limited to: floor tiles, acrylic plates, vinyl posters, cloth, glass....

For comparison, I had him make a 1*2meter (enough for 2 battle fields) high resolution star map for X-Wing Miniatures, and it set me back about 40 GBP for printing on waterproof vinyl with a sticker backing so I can mount it on board, or just roll it up when done.

If you're interested in getting a quote, geekmail me your size and material requirements and I'll get you a quote including shipping to UK.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Büttner
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
Wiggle It!!!
Just order some blank game boards, like from spielmaterial.de and then print on full page stickers with a color laser printer.

Worked very good for me! :-)

Edit: Or just buy an old game and apply the stickers on that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Jolley
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon tyne
Tyne and Wear
flag msg tools
Thanks guys I'll look into those options

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cheng
Hong Kong
Ma On Shan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have a well-designed & completed board image? If you just ask for mounting the print-out sheet on a cardboard, there are many useful links showing the way in the sticky thread at the top. If you don't want to do it yourself, you can always ask Andrew (Print & Play Production) to quote you a price.

If you don't have the board image yet but have a rough draft or ideas & want someone to design or edit the graphics for you, it will be much more expensive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Jolley
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon tyne
Tyne and Wear
flag msg tools
Currently mid design of the board I want to make sure the game works before I get it properly printed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.