Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wanted to share a story about a guy who is risking his marraige to get a hold of a copy.

Here is what I he told me...

Karl,

I just wanted to say I am really looking forward to police precinct. I had a friend at work order it for me and I gave her cash. My wife does the bills so I was trying to keep it a secret. That shows how much I wanted it. Happy new year.

Sent from my iPhone

wow

This person has given me permission to tell his story, but of course has asked me to bleeped out his actual name to protect the his marraige from ruin.

What will YOU do to get a copy?

Some people will go to great lengths to Bust a Few Punks!!!!

laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

sigh...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife IS a BORED-GAME.

Just Kidding !!! blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Chumley11 wrote:
My wife IS a BORED-GAME.

Just Kidding !!! blush

Hey Eric!!!

I don't want to make you blush even more, but...

Can I mention what you do for a living?

Sorry, I just think it's really cool!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure. blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bancroft
United States
Elk Grove
California
flag msg tools
I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment.
mbmbmbmbmb
a crime fighter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BT Carpenter
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My solution? Wife does the game ordering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
My solution? Wife does the game ordering.

I wish I had that kind of wife!

We are all officially jealous!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
paxton73 wrote:
a crime fighter?

David, you are correct!!!

Eric, if you don't mind, remind me of your exact role.

One thing I do remember is that Eric does not wear a uniform, but did back in the day. He has promised me that he will find that old uniform, throw it on for one of his play sessions, and send us all photos of him and his crew playing the game.

Cops, playing Cops and Robbers... Gotta love that!!!

PS - can anyone name another gamer who is a also a real-life cop?

I wouldn't be surprised if someone remembers, because I have mentioned this in the past a time or two.

If Doug reads this, I think he'll remember.

This cop, to which I refer, is a rather famous member of the gaming community, AND a rather famous cop too.

Oh and one other thing...

The SWAT Commander in Police Precinct is a depiction of him. Yes, we actually gave George a photo of this mystery cop and he did the art based on that photo.

Pretty cool!

I really like the idea of real cops like Eric playing the game!!!

Thanks Eric for all the crime fighting you do on the board and in real life!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Common Man Games wrote:
I just wanted to share a story about a guy who is risking his marraige to get a hold of a copy.

Here is what I he told me...

Karl,

I just wanted to say I am really looking forward to police precinct. I had a friend at work order it for me and I gave her cash. My wife does the bills so I was trying to keep it a secret. That shows how much I wanted it. Happy new year.

Sent from my iPhone

wow

This person has given me permission to tell his story, but of course has asked me to bleeped out his actual name to protect the his marraige from ruin.

What will YOU do to get a copy?

Some people will go to great lengths to Bust a Few Punks!!!!

laugh

I think this is the first time I have ever earned a little Geek Gold for anything I have ever said.

wow

I guess I need to tell more stories about marriages in peril!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bohm
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I've been following this game since it was on kickstarter but let's not get ridiculous. I'd be willing to say, oh, I don't know, just buy the game like a normal person

When is the ETA for being released to stores?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Never Knows Best wrote:
I've been following this game since it was on kickstarter but let's not get ridiculous. I'd be willing to say, oh, I don't know, just buy the game like a normal person

Good question Aaron!

Here is a helpful guide for timing of the release...

http://www.commonman.com/timing/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was in uniform for about 7 years, moved into Detective rank in the Crimes Against Children unit. Now I am a Computer Forensic / Cell-Phone examiner. My Tucson game group are all co-workers and we are very excited for this game. We all played Zombicide last night, but our minds were away in Police Precinct. We tried arresting zombies but it always ended badly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Never Knows Best wrote:

Some of us DID get ridiculous. And I am glad I did. It's a fantastic game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric, Thanks for the update / info.

Also thanks for your ongoing support of the game!

By the way, if we do an expansion that adds more characters, maybe we should have one of them be a depiction of you. You should send me a few photos.

Most of all, thanks again for all you do in the real world! I have two kids (2 and 5 years old). I like the idea that you are out there keeping an eye on what's going on and putting the bad guys where they belong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Brunscheen
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Common Man Games wrote:
paxton73 wrote:
a crime fighter?

PS - can anyone name another gamer who is a also a real-life cop

This cop, to which I refer, is a rather famous member of the gaming community, AND a rather famous cop too.

The SWAT Commander in Police Precinct is a depiction of him. Yes, we actually gave George a photo of this mystery cop and he did the art based on that photo.

Pretty cool!

Hmmm, I thought I knew and then you said famous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Brunscheen
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PS

My game arrived today. I had a group over tonight for bsg and left PP on the table. They want in when it hits the table. Nice to see colfax as a street. I lived in Denver for many years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paleologos
Greece
Athens
Attiki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, I think it would be really hillarious if someone could name a gamer who's a real-life robber...
Then the gamers who are real-life cops could go and arrest him/her, and thus you'd be proud to say that this game truly offers great service to the community!!!

Ok, I'll shut up.

But not before I say that, ever since I found out about this game, I've been counting days, hours and minutes to see it's released/available in Europe... I WANT IT!!!

Cheerio
narayannis
aka John
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen McHale
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Narayannis wrote:
Actually, I think it would be really hillarious if someone could name a gamer who's a real-life robber...

Unless of the course the robber stole the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Narayannis wrote:
Then the gamers who are real-life cops could go and arrest him/her, and thus you'd be proud to say that this game truly offers great service to the community!!!

Ok, I'll shut up.

But not before I say that, ever since I found out about this game, I've been counting days, hours and minutes to see it's released/available in Europe... I WANT IT!!!

Cheerio
narayannis
aka John

Did you see this new post that just went up?

check it out...

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/912038/beta-team-for-interna...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
armed-medic wrote:
Common Man Games wrote:
paxton73 wrote:
a crime fighter?

PS - can anyone name another gamer who is a also a real-life cop

Pretty cool!

Hmmm, I thought I knew and then you said famous.

I'll give you a hint Bart...

This person, and I think you know who they are and even know them personally pretty well (that might be a slight understatement) is famous for two things...

IN REAL LIFE:
for a video, that went viral on Youtube, showing him and other cops in pursuit of a vehicle inside a building. OK, yes you read that right, part of this pursuit was inside a building! For this, I mead him a minor celebrity in the Real World of Cops!

surprise

IN THE WORLDS OF GAMING:
He is a well known reviewer of games for a well known organization. For this a deam him to be a minor celebrity within the gaming world.

wow

OK, does that help?

Can you, Bart (or anyone else reading this), think of who that might be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
armed-medic wrote:
PS

My game arrived today. I had a group over tonight for bsg and left PP on the table. They want in when it hits the table. Nice to see Colfax as a street. I lived in Denver for many years.

Yes, the Colfax thing is a little nod to CMG's roots (we are a Denver based Co.), also Colfax is known for two things...

1. The longest continuously commercial street in the world (or in the USA, not sure, but you get the idea).

and...

2. It is famous for it's dark side (think Punks needing to be busted). Boston has "The Combat Zone" Denver has Colfax. But to Colfax's credit, it is really getting much better, especially in the last few years.

Not too long ago though I watched a guy running down an alley, and then right into Colfax dodging cars left and right, then after a slight delay you could see why he was running, because two cops came out of the same alley and chased after him. That explains why he was running with his hands behind his back!!!

surprise

I just remember at the time thinking this was right out of Police Precinct, right down to the fact that he was on Colfax!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.