Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Casinghino
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm playing the Alien Player solo scenario. I have a question about Raider movement/combat - sorry if it's been answered elsewhere! Couldn't find anything.

One Alien Player hadn't researched Cloaking yet, and their fleet reached one of my colonies. At the beginning of combat I rolled for their tech and they learned Cloaking. So, following the rules, I spent all their CP on Raiders.

The colony was very well defended, though - I have more CPs there in defense than there are CPs in enemy Raiders.

So, what do the Raiders do? Normally a Raider fleet would fly past this colony. But since they already moved in and got to the tech part of Alien Player combat, should they attack?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris V.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played the alien scenarios yet, but from scanning the scenario book I would say the Raiders would withdraw per main rule 12.1.3. (Basically, if you didn't have scanners they'd say "screw this" and withdraw for free at the start of combat.) At that point it's a Raider Fleet for the purposes of AI.

Someone who's actually played the scenario could probably give a more authoritative answer, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmb
No, if they are outgunned, a Raider fleet won't attack. They can decline combat if you don't have scanners.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.