Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sensei. "For the remainder of this run, each piece of ice encountered except Sensei gains “> End the run” after all its other subroutines."

When this says "except Sensei", does it mean just the Sensei card itself, or any other card called Sensei (i.e if you put two of them in a row).

I'm sure I've read somewhere about a card naming another card only refers to itself but I might be getting mixed up with other LCG's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
Sensei. "For the remainder of this run, each piece of ice encountered except Sensei gains “> End the run” after all its other subroutines."

When this says "except Sensei", does it mean just the Sensei card itself, or any other card called Sensei (i.e if you put two of them in a row).

I'm sure I've read somewhere about a card naming another card only refers to itself but I might be getting mixed up with other LCG's.

I assume that it is referring to itself. Femme Fatale is self-referential, and if you have two out, they can't both bypass both ice by ability, it's only the one or the other. If it wasn't only self-referential, taking out one of two Femme Fatales would leave the other with the ability to bypass two targets.

Edit: If it were to refer to others it would say "cards with the name Sensei" or "all other Senseis".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benedetto Loffredo
Italy
Portici (NA)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:

Rules, pag 21

Self-referential Language
Unless otherwise noted, a card with text that refers to its own
card title only refers to itself and does not refer to other copies
of cards with that title.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Harris
United Kingdom
stevenage
hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As stated self-referential text only refers to individual card unless explicitly stated otherwise.

A follow up question is would two sensei result in other ice getting two additional ETR subroutines? I.E does effect stack or not?

Initially I was thinking it wouldn't stack, but the the language "after all other subroutines" kind of implies the extra ETR should be considered as just another subroutine.
In which case logically the second sensei stacks a second ETR after "all other subroutines" which includes the one already there from first sensei.

Wouldn't be surprised to see this one come up in a FAQ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
It probably doesn't matter that it stacks, since if the runner did not break the first Sensei, they probably won't break the second, which now will end the run. And if they can break the second, they will probably break both subroutines.

I see no reason why it would not stack though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beyer
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
more.
badge
Sportacus wrote:

Rules, pag 21

Self-referential Language
Unless otherwise noted, a card with text that refers to its own
card title only refers to itself and does not refer to other copies
of cards with that title.

I LOVE RULEBOOK QUOTES!!!
Pay heed everyone, this is how to answer a rules question.
Sorry, just tryin' to get spread the 'infection' of proper responses.
Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conny Karlsson
Sweden
Flen
flag msg tools
Stunke wrote:
I LOVE RULEBOOK QUOTES!!!
Pay heed everyone, this is how to answer a rules question.

Except when those very same quotes are used to make a false arguments based on misinterpreted wording...

But generally yeah, rulebook quotes or quotes from the developers and/or FAQ are the best sources.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.