Douglas Tempel
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are quite a few threads in the various LotR rules forums (including the expansions, adventure packs, etc.) where one of the regular posters (I believe it's typically Patrick Brennan) contacts Nate French and receives an "official answer" to ambiguous rules abjudicatons. Patrick will then always request that the OP retitle the thread to include the phrase "Official Answer." However, the large majority of the time, the OP doesn't take the trouble to do so.

It seems that it would be much easier to query the forums for official answers if this phrase was in the title. Is there anything we can do to retitle threads, or does it have to be done by the moderators or the OP?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Rohnert Park
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What I've seen others do, is create a thread that has links to the other pertinent threads. For example: Unofficial FAQ list
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Tempel
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good point, and I'd forgotten about kirkbauer's file. It hasn't been updated since May '12, but it's still great.

Comprehensive Card Reference & Unofficial FAQ

EDIT: Actually Kelly B has taken over the updates (see last message on the linked page).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb Ulon

Oxford
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I have contributed in this thread where many of the official answers have been compiled:
http://www.cardgamedb.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1702-offic...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've talked about this with Matthew Monin (Octavian) for SW:LCG. The approach we talked about, and I reckon is worthwhile, is to create an FAQ Summary thread which is "sticky" to the top of the rules forum, which contains one post only. Ask no one else to post to it. That post is maintained by one person (the baton may be handed on over time) and in that post you can summarise all rulings that haven't been covered by FAQ yet, link to official answer threads, etc - everything that a newbie would want to know so they don't have to trawl through the forum. But I don't have the time to give the task what it needs and deserves at the moment, so if anyone else trustworthy wants to run with it, please do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would much rather see a wiki used for these than a single thread that one person will update for a month and then abandon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ancestral Hamster
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jdludlow wrote:
I would much rather see a wiki used for these than a single thread that one person will update for a month and then abandon.
Seconded. Keep it the hands of current players even if the original posters stop playing the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.