Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just wondering if anyone has the newer Conquest of the Empire game and can compare the size of the miniatures? I thought it'd be cool to use pieces from Empire with this game and vice versa.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Fenrick
United States
Yukon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've handled both and my recollection is that the soldiers are probably close in scale. The boats in Cyclades are close to the same size as the armies, so don't expect CotE boats to have a chance to work in Cyclades(they won't fit on the spaces very well anyways).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, thanks. I was more interested in the soldiers anyway. I saw the deal on CoolStuffInc for this game ($32).... wondering if I should get it ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Fenrick
United States
Yukon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well you should get it because Cyclades is an awesome game. If the minis matchup, more the merrier I suppose. And I do think they are close enough in scale. Though the Conquest soldiers may be a TAD bigger from my memory. But I just haven't had them on the table at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keegan Fink
United States
Havertown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You should get Cyclades regardless of the miniatures -- it's just that good! The game mechanics are tight, and there are many paths to victory without one being out of balance. Good stuff. Probably my favorite boardgame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Silbernagel
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'll add another "it's a great game" claim to the pile. Well worth getting and lots of replay value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to get it, but I'm trying to fill up my order to hit $100 for the free shipping. There's a couple items that I want that are out of stock though

It's a good deal, but I didn't want to have to pay $15 for shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.