Popular Tags: BGG_BSG_PBF [+] [View All]
Noel Yap
Philippines
Pasig City
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Welcome to Battlestar Galactica PBF Game 322

First PBF game of 2013!

Kudos and thanks go to ColtsFan76 who got the ball rolling for all of us not too long ago. Thanks also to all the other contributors and players who have developed the support files, images, wikis, and conventions that have made these games the success that they are.

This will be a Pegasus+Exodus game with 6 players, going to the Ionian Nebula. All three Exodus options will be used. The Cylon Leader or Sympathetic Cylon (Pegasus flavor) will be in play. Except for the location of a couple of the allies (see below), all standard game rules will apply.

The geeklist for this game can be found here: BSG 322: The Thirteenth Colony

I'm going to assume that everyone knows the ropes by now. If you're new to PBF, you should check out some of my previous games (like BSG 185: Desolation Row) to see how I like to run things.

We'll follow the previously established posting conventions as outlined in Nathan's Tips and Tricks for BSG PBF. Specifically, please note:

* Everyone needs to have a copy of the game and the expansions.
* Use normal text for discussions, etc.
* Use Italics for flavor text/fluff. I like flavor and role-play, so I encourage players to use this liberally.
* Use Bold for an in-game action. I won't process any actions unless bolded in the thread.
* Identify the character you're playing as, preferably with a character banner or image. Images for identifying your character can be found at GerryRailBaron's Photo Gallery.

House rules:

Allies: It doesn't make thematic sense for Cain and Shaw to be on Galactica, so these Allies will be found in "Pegasus CIC" and "Main Batteries", respectively.

Launch Scout: I won't post an interrupt token if this card is played unless humanity is down to their last Raptor. If you want to play a Strategic Planning or Calculations card, send in a CO.

OPGs: I generally won't pause for OPG abilities, so be sure to send in a CO if you're thinking of using yours. This especially impacts Boomer and Starbuck's OPG. This can be as simple as saying "please pause the game whenever a crisis is revealed for me to consider using my OPG."

Pilots: I won't pause the game when Cylon ships attack, so send me a CO if you have any Evasive Maneuver cards you wish to play. I also won't pause for Strategic Planning or Calculations when you attack raiders. Again, send me a CO if you want to use one.

Other combat: I will ask for interrupts when you attack heavies, centurions, basestars or use nukes. Sending in COs will still be useful, though.

Hidden Cylons: As noted above, I won't pause the game when Cylon ships attack, so send me a CO if you want to do some shenanigans with the die roll (e.g., play Strategic Planning when the Basestar fires on Galactica).

Revealed Cylons: Similarly, if revealed Cylons want to fool around with Treachery, like playing Sabotage, send in a CO.

COs: As you can see, I'm a big fan of Conditional Orders. COs are good. COs help keep the game moving along. Send in those COs.

No public COs or TANKing: Secrecy is a big part of the game, so I won't entertain any declared actions taken out of turn (i.e., a public CO). Send in a confidential CO if you've already decided on your course of action. Similarly, I don't implement the TANK option during Skill checks. Again, send in a confidential CO if you want to pass on a check.

Checking in: I like to run a quick game. Really, really quick. Please be sure you can check in at least once a day, but preferably multiple times a day. Please inform us if you'll be out of touch for more than 24 hours.

Invite list:
Mr T 1977 - IN
watshisname08
ninjamatic3000 - IN
drnlmza - IN
ackmondual - IN
BosonMichael

Alternates:
Webspyder
HazyAssaulter
laenan - Available
Mundane - Available

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Muller
South Africa
Stellenbosch
Western Cape
flag msg tools
even if it's not
badge
I have a cunning plan that cannot fail.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie S
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
I'm in as an alternate if needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in, but would like to play as a Cylon Leader.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in as an alternate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Nast
United States
Ochelata
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Myself/BosonMichael/webspyder are trying to get into the same game, and it's looking like there won't be the room, so I'm probably going to continue waiting. Thank you though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Aldridge
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mb
I'm waiting to see whether one or both of the other invitees decline... passing up a game run by Noel would be extremely difficult to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel Yap
Philippines
Pasig City
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

I didn't realize that three of you wanted to get into a game together. If you don't get into this game, you should probably indicate such on the waiting list.

[C'mon Michael, you know you want to!]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Aldridge
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mb
TerminusEst wrote:

I didn't realize that three of you wanted to get into a game together. If you don't get into this game, you should probably indicate such on the waiting list.

[C'mon Michael, you know you want to!]

You know I want to, too. You run an excellent game, bro.

EDIT: ...and I was a part of the aforementioned BSG 185. Who'd have thought Cally would be CAGmiral?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Aldridge
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mb
ackmondual wrote:

Better hope you roll the highest. robot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Aldridge
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mb
For more of Noel's moderated goodness, here's BSG 230: Wander My Friends, in which Admiral Helo destroys eight civvies (8 population and a fuel) in one turn. robot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maik Weimars
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm IN. Thank you for the invite. I try to play fast and check in once every 24 hrs, cannot promise to check in multiple times daily. I cannot do from work, e.g.
I won't be available the first week of February, meaning nearly not at all. Except for that, let's go.
And I do not like to play a cylon leader, I did in two of my recent games. So don't worry about me in that sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BosonMichael wrote:
ackmondual wrote:

Are there any provisions for this? I indicated on the waitlist that I'll patiently wait for a game until one opens up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel Yap
Philippines
Pasig City
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
BosonMichael wrote:
ackmondual wrote:

Are there any provisions for this? I indicated on the waitlist that I'll patiently wait for a game until one opens up.

[via mobile]

I haven't quite decided how to handle your request. I could either let you pick first or all other players could agree to not pick a CL.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr T 1977 wrote:
And I do not like to play a cylon leader, I did in two of my recent games. So don't worry about me in that sense.

Yes, you seemed a little frustrated in that last game I modded! Neither the humans nor the Cylons seemed willing to accept you were on their side!

For what it's worth, I'm willing to cede the Cylon Leader role to anyone who wants it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Smith
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Muller
South Africa
Stellenbosch
Western Cape
flag msg tools
even if it's not
badge
I have a cunning plan that cannot fail.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also perfectly happy to cede the Cylon Leader to whoever wants it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erick Vallejos
United States
Corona
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like you've caught me at the right time...

I'm In.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel Yap
Philippines
Pasig City
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Per request, BosonMichael, Webspyder, and HazyAssaulter want to be together for a game, so I'm going to choose the next alternate down. laenan, you have been drafted; report to your nearest Colonial Recruiting Officer ASAP!

Rolling for player order and character choice, highest goes first:

Mr T 1977 1d100 = (48) = 48
watshisname08 1d100 = (99) = 99
ninjamatic3000 1d100 = (13) = 13
drnlmza 1d100 = (93) = 93
ackmondual 1d100 = (63) = 63
laenan 1d100 = (12) = 12

watshisname08, you're up first. Please note that ackmondual wants to play a Cylon Leader so I'm reserving that character type for them. Otherwise, you may choose any character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 242242. TerminusEst
  • 1d100 =
  • (48) =
  • Mr T 1977
  • Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:33 pm
  • [+]
  • 242247. TerminusEst
  • 1d100 =
  • (99) =
  • watshisname08
  • Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:34 pm
  • [+]
  • 242249. TerminusEst
  • 1d100 =
  • (13) =
  • ninjamatic3000
  • [+]
  • 242250. TerminusEst
  • 1d100 =
  • (93) =
  • drnlmza
  • [+]
  • 242251. TerminusEst
  • 1d100 =
  • (63) =
  • ackmondual
  • Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:36 pm
  • [+]
  • 242252. TerminusEst
  • 1d100 =
  • (12) =
  • laenan
  • Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:36 pm
Noel Yap
Philippines
Pasig City
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

David: A "Cylon Leader", Ron? I don't know if that's such a good idea.

Ron: We need a voice for the Cylons, David. The Cylon Leader will be that voice.

David: I wasn't aware that the Cylons needed a voice. They're walking chrome toasters and our heroes shoot them. What more do they need?

Ron: Don't forget about the sleeper agents. The leader will be someone who tells the sleepers what to do.

David: But the beauty of the show is that no one knows who anyone really is. Wouldn't a Cylon known from the start compromise that?

Ron: No one knows who the Cylon Leader really is, either. I mean, we know who he is, but nobody really knows what he's planning, not even the other Cylons. He's got his own Agenda.

David: But that just means everyone will hate him.

Ron: Exactly!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie S
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Last pick, huh? Can't win 'em all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erick Vallejos
United States
Corona
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll select Gaius Baltar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel Yap
Philippines
Pasig City
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Via CO, drnlmza selects Gaeta.

ackmondual, choose your Cylon Leader.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TerminusEst wrote:

Via CO, drnlmza selects Gaeta.

ackmondual, choose your Cylon Leader.

BGG out for 12 hours? That can't be a good omen.
I'll take Cap6
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [26] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.