Recommend
26 
 Thumb up
 Hide
108 Posts
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG General

Subject: Geek images and cleavage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Firestarter Girl
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I say:

Cleavage exists...

So do boardgames...


It would be SOOOOOOO weird if there were NO photos of cleavages around here!
laugh laugh laugh


6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms. Shug
United States
Round Rock
TX
flag msg tools
Got my eye on you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Firestarter x wrote:

I say:

Cleavage exists...

So do boardgames...


It would be SOOOOOOO weird if there were NO photos of cleavages around here!
laugh laugh laugh




Yeah, so where's my beefcake? hahaha! By this reasoning there should be at least a few photos of glistening, hot shirtless guys in tight jeans rolling around in MTG cards or bending over a board game on the table, rearview naturally. laugh

EDIT: No, no. I thought of some real woman porn. It can only a photo of a man washing the dishes!! Throw a board game in there somehow and we're golden!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Osnabrück
flag msg tools
                                                             oooo                             ooo                             o    o                                      o     
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
quirogal wrote:
By this reasoning there should be at least a few photos of glistening, hot shirtless guys in tight jeans rolling around in MTG cards or bending over a board game on the table, rearview naturally. laugh

As this thread went much more civilized than I feared, here is a little treat for you, the most thumbed image in the gallery of Dungeon Twister 2: Prison:

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
inb4 Puerto Rico Pat!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't understand why more geeks do not have the "I love boobies" microbadge: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/microbadge/7914
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Firestarter Girl
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AnnuverScotinExile wrote:
I can't understand why more geeks do not have the "I love boobies" microbadge: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/microbadge/7914


I want one of those!! laughlaughlaughlaughlaughlaughlaugh
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms. Shug
United States
Round Rock
TX
flag msg tools
Got my eye on you!
mbmbmbmbmb
ThomasAH wrote:
quirogal wrote:
By this reasoning there should be at least a few photos of glistening, hot shirtless guys in tight jeans rolling around in MTG cards or bending over a board game on the table, rearview naturally. laugh

As this thread went much more civilized than I feared, here is a little treat for you, the most thumbed image in the gallery of Dungeon Twister 2: Prison:



I'll take it!! laugh I've never played Dungeon Twister but I thought he was cute when I saw him in the "Gone Cardboard" DVD. I'm a sucker for the accent too . So thank you! This actually led me to

Hot Men ... of the Geek

...which was funny but COME ON, only 15 entries?!?!

THIS guy is smokin' though:
Jason Flaherty
United States
Texas
flag msg tools


It's my husband!! It's his first day on The Geek. He'll look great in my parody photos!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Borders
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quirogal wrote:
Firestarter x wrote:

I say:

Cleavage exists...

So do boardgames...


It would be SOOOOOOO weird if there were NO photos of cleavages around here!
laugh laugh laugh




Yeah, so where's my beefcake? hahaha! By this reasoning there should be at least a few photos of glistening, hot shirtless guys in tight jeans rolling around in MTG cards or bending over a board game on the table, rearview naturally. laugh

EDIT: No, no. I thought of some real woman porn. It can only a photo of a man washing the dishes!! Throw a board game in there somehow and we're golden!


Well if you use the ludopoly's wife photo as an example, I dont think cleavage was the focus of the picture. She looks as though she is dressed normally. That being said, regardless of the physical shape of any of the males here on BGG, I doubt there is a sizable group of them that routinely plays MtG or any boardgames shirtless while covered in coconut oil. I dont doubt someone will setup a photo op based on your request but I dont believe these people exist outside your vivid imagination.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms. Shug
United States
Round Rock
TX
flag msg tools
Got my eye on you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Speedbump858 wrote:
quirogal wrote:
Firestarter x wrote:

I say:

Cleavage exists...

So do boardgames...


It would be SOOOOOOO weird if there were NO photos of cleavages around here!
laugh laugh laugh




Yeah, so where's my beefcake? hahaha! By this reasoning there should be at least a few photos of glistening, hot shirtless guys in tight jeans rolling around in MTG cards or bending over a board game on the table, rearview naturally. laugh

EDIT: No, no. I thought of some real woman porn. It can only a photo of a man washing the dishes!! Throw a board game in there somehow and we're golden!


Well if you use the ludopoly's wife photo as an example, I dont think cleavage was the focus of the picture. She looks as though she is dressed normally. That being said, regardless of the physical shape of any of the males here on BGG, I doubt there is a sizable group of them that routinely plays MtG or any boardgames shirtless while covered in coconut oil. I dont doubt someone will setup a photo op based on your request but I dont believe these people exist outside your vivid imagination.


I know. That's why it would be so much fun to see. Even if someone were to create this photo, the result couldn't be other than comedic. I'm not holding my breath. But I think that is the big difference between most men and women (I can't speak for all women). It SEEMS to be that a photo of a woman with a nice shape is enough to elicit a reaction from men, whereas a reaction from women requires more overt effort. There are always exceptions but I think that's how it goes generally.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
O God, thy sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mb
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
dkearns wrote:


14 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This year I resolved to lose a bit of weight. This thread is sorely tempting me to instead go out and binge, get the biggest set of man boobs ever and post some proper man-cleavage on the Geek, and totally rake in the thumbs!
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy"
United States
Mount Holly (Gastonia / Charlotte)
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quirogal wrote:
But I think that is the big difference between most men and women (I can't speak for all women). It SEEMS to be that a photo of a woman with a nice shape is enough to elicit a reaction from men, whereas a reaction from women requires more overt effort. There are always exceptions but I think that's how it goes generally.


I believe you did mention earlier how visual men are in general, and how that does not seem to apply to women. I think for the most part, that explains most of the disparity. I think most men will find their eye drawn toward a woman who is at least somewhat fit, somewhat shapely, and somewhat attractive. Add to that an obvious clue that the woman is actually interested in something that the man is really interested in, and you have the answer. Most women, I think, seem to not be so easily attracted simply by the appearance of a man. Unless he is really over the top.

Edit: I learned to spell "attracted."
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Y
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have a relevant comment on the OP's topic, but my family loves "Marcel the Shell with Shoes on".

Had to thumb the thread just for that.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abraham Drucker
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quirogal wrote:


Seriously. You are over-thinking this. Go to the homepage, scroll down to Images and click on "Browse". You'll find the most popular images sorted by thumbs given, most to least popular. Go page by page until you find a woman who is not a mother and not showing cleavage. NOW, I'm human and subject to error, but if there was one prior to page 7, I missed it. The purpose of my post was light-hearted fun. Men will be men and I am fine with that. What I found particularly amusing though is that all the OTHER photos are really clever, creative stuff...quite enjoyable to browse through, with this sprinkling of everyday regular girls holding cards or rules and showing a teeny bit of cleavage. It's nothing racy by any means but also, not clever or striking in any photographic sense. Not really a big deal. Yes. I know all about men being more visually wired than women, blah, blah, blah. These images are also the most popular of all BGG time, it seems. Therefore, they would not show up in a "best of 20__" list. In defense of the high number of thumbs, given that they have accumulated over years, it's natural to see that these images would float to the top. However, I love the reasoning that "if I can't find these images then you must be exaggerating." laugh I know. You all were just rankled that I taunted you with the prospect of seeing lots of demure cleavage and then you couldn't find those images. cry My bad. I should've posted how these images came up.


So I followed your instructions and went to browse-> images. The first screen that popped up was:


When I changed the sort to "hotness", this is what I saw:


Yes, Dominion girl and magic girl are both on this page, but this is a FAR cry from 7 pages of cleavage. Every time I see a thread like this, I get super excited, because I like looking at pictures of girls playing games, but then I end up looking at a bunch of dudes in an airplane hanger playing Loopin' Louie.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abraham Drucker
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to this thread, I've discovered the tag:
gratuitous_breast_shot

Unfortunately, it only links to 1/2 dozen images, but I think we can take that as a challenge and flood the site with those images. Who has a spouse we can borrow?

Also, how come no one has brought up Agnes, and her famous ability to hold boxes in this thread? She's really, really good at it. Now that she's married though, I think her box holding days might be over.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms. Shug
United States
Round Rock
TX
flag msg tools
Got my eye on you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Lobotnik wrote:
This year I resolved to lose a bit of weight. This thread is sorely tempting me to instead go out and binge, get the biggest set of man boobs ever and post some proper man-cleavage on the Geek, and totally rake in the thumbs!


Do you have a nice hairy chest? Cuz THAT will be the cherry on the ice cream sundae! laugh
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms. Shug
United States
Round Rock
TX
flag msg tools
Got my eye on you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoya wrote:
quirogal wrote:
But I think that is the big difference between most men and women (I can't speak for all women). It SEEMS to be that a photo of a woman with a nice shape is enough to elicit a reaction from men, whereas a reaction from women requires more overt effort. There are always exceptions but I think that's how it goes generally.


I believe you did mention earlier how visual men are in general, and how that does not seem to apply to women. I think for the most part, that explains most of the disparity. I think most men will find their eye drawn toward a woman who is at least somewhat fit, somewhat shapely, and somewhat attractive. Add to that an obvious clue that the woman is actually interested in something that the man is really interested in, and you have the answer. Most women, I think, seem to not be so easily attracted simply by the appearance of a man. Unless he is really over the top.

Edit: I learned to spell "attracted."


Absolutely.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms. Shug
United States
Round Rock
TX
flag msg tools
Got my eye on you!
mbmbmbmbmb
ze_stom wrote:
quirogal wrote:


Seriously. You are over-thinking this. Go to the homepage, scroll down to Images and click on "Browse". You'll find the most popular images sorted by thumbs given, most to least popular. Go page by page until you find a woman who is not a mother and not showing cleavage. NOW, I'm human and subject to error, but if there was one prior to page 7, I missed it. The purpose of my post was light-hearted fun. Men will be men and I am fine with that. What I found particularly amusing though is that all the OTHER photos are really clever, creative stuff...quite enjoyable to browse through, with this sprinkling of everyday regular girls holding cards or rules and showing a teeny bit of cleavage. It's nothing racy by any means but also, not clever or striking in any photographic sense. Not really a big deal. Yes. I know all about men being more visually wired than women, blah, blah, blah. These images are also the most popular of all BGG time, it seems. Therefore, they would not show up in a "best of 20__" list. In defense of the high number of thumbs, given that they have accumulated over years, it's natural to see that these images would float to the top. However, I love the reasoning that "if I can't find these images then you must be exaggerating." laugh I know. You all were just rankled that I taunted you with the prospect of seeing lots of demure cleavage and then you couldn't find those images. cry My bad. I should've posted how these images came up.


So I followed your instructions and went to browse-> images. The first screen that popped up was:


When I changed the sort to "hotness", this is what I saw:


Yes, Dominion girl and magic girl are both on this page, but this is a FAR cry from 7 pages of cleavage. Every time I see a thread like this, I get super excited, because I like looking at pictures of girls playing games, but then I end up looking at a bunch of dudes in an airplane hanger playing Loopin' Louie.


Yes, so sorry. I evidently can't count. Public flogging commenced mid-thread . laugh

Seriously, though, it was an impulsive post and since I was only poking fun I slacked in the fact-checking department. Sorry to inflate your hopes.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thepackrat wrote:
KnobDoctor wrote:

Do you even understand how Geeklists work? You add items that are relevant to the Geeklist.


You'd really not seen the Busen Memo running joke?

B>


Thanks, you really made the point much better than I did.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms. Shug
United States
Round Rock
TX
flag msg tools
Got my eye on you!
mbmbmbmbmb
d bro wrote:
I don't have a relevant comment on the OP's topic, but my family loves "Marcel the Shell with Shoes on".

Had to thumb the thread just for that.


Thanks.

Finally. Recognition .
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy"
United States
Mount Holly (Gastonia / Charlotte)
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lobotnik wrote:
This year I resolved to lose a bit of weight. This thread is sorely tempting me to instead go out and binge, get the biggest set of man boobs ever and post some proper man-cleavage on the Geek, and totally rake in the thumbs!


Right above your post, there was Eye Bleach for pictures.

Is there Mind Bleach for text? It cannot be un-read!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget about the man-candy that's the top-thumbed picture for the game Ra:



7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Brooks
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just assumed that most of the members here were cyclists. Having somewhere handy to park your bike is very useful, you know.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
xibxang wrote:
I just assumed that most of the members here were cyclists. Having somewhere handy to park your bike is very useful, you know.


I'm no cyclist, but I've motorboated a few times in my life.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.