Cal Corum
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

BSG 323: He Thinks He's People
5-Player, Exodus (PG, FF), CFB

Welcome to the start of BSG 323: He Thinks He's People. This will be a play-by-forum game in the style established by ColtsFan76. Thanks go to him for getting all this started and also to Orphius/JasperHawk for their work on the mod tools that will be used.

Players
Aaron Hall
United States
Murfreesboro
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
malcolm reynolds
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ed Hennessy
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zach Olson
msg tools
mb

Rules and Guidelines:

d10-1 In order to participate, you must own a copy of game.

If, at some point, you are temporarily away from your cards and need the text to make a decision, send me a GeekMail and I'll get you the relevant information.

d10-2 I intend for this to be a fast-paced game. You are expected to subscribe to this thread and to check in at least twice per day, preferably around 12 hours apart.

There is an expectation that you will not hold the game up for a significant period of time when it is your turn to make an action. If it is your turn to act and it has been more than 12 hours, I will issue a reminder to you. After 36 hours of inactivity, I will make your decision for you (and I'm not very good at this game). Habitual offenders may be replaced.

Do note that if there is active discussion concerning your current turn you will not be rushed.

d10-3 All communication between players must occur in this thread ONLY.

Anything that needs to be communicated privately by me and a player will take place via GeekMail. When sending me a GeekMail, please include the game number, your character name, and a description in the subject line. (Example: "BSG 1337: Starbuck - Secret Destiny Use")

d10-4 Follow typical play-by-forum conventions when posting.

This includes always making it clear what character you are speaking as by including an appropriate banner at the top of each post. Banners created by DukeOfEarl et al. are available here. If you are mobile, please type your character name in caps at the top of your post. Other pictures for adding flavor can be found in this compilation.

Also, be sure to leave regular discussion in a plain font, in-character flavor text in italics, and actions you wish to take in bold. Be especially conscious of the bolding of your actions; I will not execute an action if it isn't bolded.

d10-5 Do not edit your posts.

Please do not go back and edit posts unless you are quickly fixing a typo immediately after posting. Instead, simply make a new post stating what you would have changed. This is to prevent confusion (both for me and your fellow players).

d10-6 Do not quote posts from more than one page back.

The game can get much less fun if some players have perfect memories, so if you are quoting another player it may not be from more than one page back.

d10-7 Respect the secrecy rules.

Battlestar Galactica is a much less interesting game if the secrecy rules are not closely followed. I suggest everyone take a look at the official "Secrecy Clarifications" document, the last page of the Official FAQ.

Conditional Orders (COs)

1 I ask that you put in COs for pretty much anything you can think of. All COs should be sent to me via GeekMail, and be clearly labeled by having "CO" (and a description of what the CO is for) in the subject line.

2 Do not post public COs under any circumstances; this includes posting bold text when it is not your turn to act. Additionally, for this game I will not be allowing public "TANK" COs. You can, of course, submit a normal CO to pass on playing cards into the check, which will have a similar effect.

3 Under many circumstances, I will not wait for interrupts before executing actions. The following is a (non-comprehensive) list of examples of things for which I will not ask for interrupts for (and thus will not have interrupts played on them unless you put in a CO):

Declare Emergency
Strategic Planning on Launch Scout unless there is only one raptor remaining.
Strategic Planning on attacks by vipers or attacks by cylon ships.
Evasive Maneuvers unless it is the last ship protecting a civilian.

4 I will assume that you have a standing CO to pass on any interrupt that you do not hold in your hand. Players are encouraged to put in COs to pass on interrupts that they are holding but do not intend to play. Any COs to pass on interrupts will be resolved once everyone else has already passed, to minimize the amount of information revealed by these COs.

5 If you have an interrupt-style character ability, then you must put in a CO to use your ability when appropriate. For example, I will not ask if Starbuck wants to use Secret Destiny on every crisis card that is played, but she may put in a CO to pause to let her decide when a crisis card meets certain criteria.

6 Be very clear when writing your COs. If I feel it is ambiguous, I will let you know and will not execute the CO. Feel free to make them as complicated as you like, as long as they are understandable.

House Rules

1 After an execution, any titles lost are transferred to the next character in the Line of Succession before the new character is chosen.

2 At the end of the game, if the last card in the Loyalty deck is a "You are a Cylon" card, the other Cylon may 1) damage Galactica twice or 2) activate Centurions or 3) reduce all resources by 1.

3 Tory's Adaptable ability is changed to read "After any player uses the action on a Quorum Card, you may play a Consolidate Power from your hand."

Despite the banner, I am a HuMod (  Battlestar Galactica - Not a Cylon ) and make mistakes and miss things. If you see something that looks wrong let me know, it probably is!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cal Corum
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're too cool to read intro posts, here are the highlights:

Most Important/Most Broken Rules wrote:
d10-2 I intend for this to be a fast-paced game. You are expected to subscribe to this thread and to check in at least twice per day, preferably around 12 hours apart.

d10-5 Do not edit your posts. (Do as I say, not as I do)

d10-7 Respect the secrecy rules found here: Official FAQ.

2 Do not post public COs under any circumstances; this includes posting bold text when it is not your turn to act. Additionally, for this game I will not be allowing public "TANK" COs. You can, of course, submit a normal CO to pass on playing cards into the check, which will have a similar effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cal Corum
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Invited Players:

pseudotheist
Mundane - IN
zolson1021 - IN
Khaaaaan - IN
karmoth1205

Alternate Invites:

achall615 - ACCEPTED
ed_hennessy - ACCEPTED
brynnfr - ACCEPTED
jwcleveland - ACCEPTED
ProfessorTech

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Reporting for duty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
malcolm reynolds
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cal Corum
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Since both of you guys are going to be in the game we can go ahead and get the discussion rolling. Would you prefer Ionian Nebula* or Kobol as the objective? Do you want to include Personal Goals and/or Final Five? And are you interested in Complex Destiny?

If there are any other variants you're interested in just let me know. Complex Destiny is the only one off the top of my head.

*In the interest of full disclosure, I haven't moderated a game to the Ionian Nebula, yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
malcolm reynolds
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be in favor of IN and PG's, but have not decided on CD yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the Ionian Nebula but will play either ending. Prefer using personal goals and final five.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Olson
msg tools
mb
I'm in! Kobol or Ionian Nebula for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Olson
msg tools
mb
Personal Goals and Final Five are both fine with me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Hall
United States
Murfreesboro
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the invitation. I'll be glad to join if needed, and I'm fine with both Final Five and Personal Goals. I'd prefer IN to Kobol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hennessy
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm available as an alternate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cal Corum
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Oh, we will be using the Pegasus Investigative Committees and Cylon overlay board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce Miller
United States
Madison
Tennessee
flag msg tools
This is a test of the emergency broadcast system.
mbmbmbmbmb
Available as an alternate as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Cleveland
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will accept the invite as an alternate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cal Corum
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Since BGG was down most of yesterday evening, I'm going to give the original invitees until this evening to check in and then we will get the game started.

If neither of them respond our players will be:
Mundane
zolson1021
Khaaaaan
achall615
ed_hennessy

But they do have first dibs over the bottom two spots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Cleveland
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I didn't get in either way, I will wish the rest of you good luck. Happy hunting to the humans and happy espionage and sabotage to the Cylons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cal Corum
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Alrighty, we've given everyone enough time to check in. Our player list will be as stated above.

I'll roll for turn order (highest first):
Mundane - 1d100 = (65) = 65
zolson1021 - 1d100 = (3) = 3
Khaaaaan - 1d100 = (51) = 51
achall615 - 1d100 = (68) = 68
ed_hennessy - 1d100 = (22) = 22

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 243588. cal2cool4u
  • 1d100 =
  • (65) =
  • Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:54 am
  • [+]
  • 243589. cal2cool4u
  • 1d100 =
  • (3) =
  • [+]
  • 243590. cal2cool4u
  • 1d100 =
  • (51) =
  • [+]
  • 243591. cal2cool4u
  • 1d100 =
  • (68) =
  • [+]
  • 243592. cal2cool4u
  • 1d100 =
  • (22) =
  • Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:55 am
Cal Corum
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

achall615, you have first pick of characters. You can choose from Base and Exodus characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Hall
United States
Murfreesboro
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Lieutenant Karl "Helo" Agathon reporting for duty . . . well . . . kind of . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb

Tory Foster ready to help the fleet any way I can.

Opening card draw:
2 Politics
1 Tactics

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cal Corum
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Khaaaaan, you are up next. You may select a Pilot or Support character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cal Corum
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

As was discussed earlier, we will be traveling to the Ionian Nebula and the Loyalty deck will include both Personal Goals and Final Five.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
malcolm reynolds
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the GM - I hadn't subscribed yet.

I forgot to ask earlier - are Cylon Leaders up for consideration?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
malcolm reynolds
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I missed that we're not using Pegasus. In that case, I haven't played this character on PBF yet:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [37] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.