Age of Napoleon» Forums » Rules

Subject: Upgrade to 2nd edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there BGG wargamers,

I recently acquired the first edition of this seemingly excellent game (first play probably will be tonight, so I have yet to see for myself). I am interested in upgrading this to 2nd edition rules. I understand that in order to do this, I need the updated rules, player aids (both provided here on BGG) and upgraded cards. The cards seem to be hard to get in Europe at the moment, as Phalanx Games' website seems defunct to me and searches on Amazon, Ebay etc. failed to produce results. So here are my questions:

How feasible is it to use 2nd edition rules and player aids with my 1st edition cards?

Can anyone point me into the right direction to buy the 2nd edition cards? Language of card text can be German, English or French (or, in a pinch, any other language the game was published in)?

Thanks guys,

sin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey D Myers
United States
Los Ranchos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
"Always rely upon a happy mind alone." Geshe Chekhawa.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://mayfairgames.com/goody.php?id=153

Edit: Sold out, I believe now....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The card changes are very minor, and can be remembered or cheat-sheeted. The rules changes are what are really important. The decks are getting hard to find.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Lee

Georgia
msg tools
mbmb
Yes, I got the cards from Mayfair in the USA and they MAY be out of them. But as Brad noted, the 1st edition cards are usable. You just have to note the ones that can be taken during play when discarded (according to the version 2 rules).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan M
msg tools
I am wondering if there is a list about the changes between the first and second edition cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a file or link to an image that shows them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luc VC
Belgium
Brugge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ivan M wrote:
I am wondering if there is a list about the changes between the first and second edition cards?

This should be exactly that
http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/21314/changed-cards-betwee...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.