Matt Wolfe
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is something I've been wondering for a while. Does the creator of a geeklist have the ability to edit or delete items added by other people? For example, if an item added by another user is a duplicate of a previous item in the geeklist, it would be nice for the geeklist creator to be able to delete that duplicate if the user who added it does not or will not delete it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
The creator can delete other users items but cannot edit them. I would presume this would also delete any related comments.

Deleting other users contributions is not recommended and I'd make sure users are forewarned in the header that you reserve such a right, if you think it is something you might do. (In the past prior to being an admin I've requested that users amend some of their comments on my geeklist - often users have been more than willing.)

Comments cannot be deleted - again you can delete the item. Footer comments cannot be deleted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Wolfe
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Also - you can lock users out from adding items via a checkbox when you set up the geeklist (I think it can be toggled later also).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.