$22.00
$25.00
Pedro Zuniga
Spain
Sevilla
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

After following @garrapeta and @minksling thread about painting Descent I was overly excited to get my brushes on my own minis, so here they are my two first heros, Grisban and Jain.

I have tried Mike Rom tutorial for basing but I have to improve it yet, theres no problem as it's a plain base.

Hope you enjoy it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. Fantastic. I like them very much. Your skill is several steps ahead of my own so maybe I will steal adapt some ideas from this picture.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rom Brown
New Zealand
Gisborne
flag msg tools
Live Fast. Love Hard. Die With Your Mask On.
badge
True-Man's come home! ...and he IS the storm!
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are superb ...I still haven't finished my figures (or even started the heroes) ...looking forward to getting back to it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin REEVE
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kudos for the marvelous job !

I would not dare even try to paint my minis - unless people in the hobby love abstract art and kindergarten level skills.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Areinu
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice job! I'm nowhere near that level of skill!

Robin REEVE: All I ever did paint was stuff in kindergarten and that's how one of my first minis painted looked:

My girlfriend's first ever painted mini, and she also did't do anything artistic in her whole life, since kindergarten:

And my friend's first ever painted mini. She draws a lot, and paints her nails into patterns:

(on this one choose "small" if you want to see how it looks for naked eye). I've only did about 5 minutes of finishing touches on that.

Also I hate how she doesn't have quiver sculptured under her right arm.

Anyway, kindergarten level skills are enough to make descent colorful and nice looking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I've bought paints and everything to start painting my minis, but I never seem to find the time...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Triu Greykith
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AA (Artists' Anonymous) has a 12-step program for that.

Refer to it as "primitive", rather than "kindergarten level" & you can charge a premium for your art.

whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Munch

Copenhagen
msg tools
mbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
I've bought paints and everything to start painting my minis, but I never seem to find the time...

*waves hand* Your schedule is clear on saturday...!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin REEVE
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
Rafal, I am lazy too.blushlaugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Areinu
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am lazy too, and usually I would rather find myself playing video games instead of painting minis. Far past few years I've been reading(more like devouring) tons of books, and with each book read I felt less inclined to play games, which have so terrible stories. The more books I read the worse game stories become and the less those can captivate me.

Anyway, painting minis is more fun than video games. Somehow my lazy sickness doesn't stop me from doing that, but I still won't do the dishes, clean my room, or do my share of house cleaning, for which my girlfriend despises me.

You can also glue the following to the mini:
*paper clip
*staple
*assorted trash
*some other random things you can find at home
and call it modern art.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Zuniga
Spain
Sevilla
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ahaha!!!

Reading a good book alwais it's better than playing videogames, except when you can dive into the story (i.e. mass effect serie). Then you discover Ender's Game (Orson Scott Card) and you realise again that reading is better than playing

Back on topic, thank you very much for the comments

Painting minis for gaming is like Shodo (Japanese traditional callygraphy): you don't have to worry about the result, it always looks good when you are playing, even if it's only a basecoat. You just paint a mini without thinking how it goes, then another mini. The joy resides in painting and gaming with all your minis painted, although in the end you only think in how much hearts and lightning will get in your next dice throw!

Long story short. Don't fear painting, just do it. Even if the results doesn't look pro, it's better than gaming with bare plastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rom Brown
New Zealand
Gisborne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pedrogzc wrote:
Even if the results doesn't look pro, it's better than gaming with bare plastic.

...well, it's obvious you've never seen a squad of Spacewolf Terminators all painted Mithril Silver followed with a purple ink wash ... hmmm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Zuniga
Spain
Sevilla
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hehehe
I love space wolves terminators, except when they start getting 1's...
Last game, 4 terminators dropped in the jaws of enemy army.
4 bolters wound = 1,1,2,1 saving throw.

In their defense, they aren't still painted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Zuniga
Spain
Sevilla
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
another two heroes

This time Syndrael and Avric... I was a little lazy, Syndrael was perfect for a NMM but... Anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rom Brown
New Zealand
Gisborne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very tidy

I've just finished up on a project that has been devouring pretty much all my spare time; Yay ... now that I have some more up my sleeve I'll be able to get back to hitting my minis too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Risto R
Finland
Hämeenlinna
Häme
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
minksling wrote:
Very tidy

I've just finished up on a project that has been devouring pretty much all my spare time; Yay ... now that I have some more up my sleeve I'll be able to get back to hitting my minis too.

About time minks! I've been away from the forums since late december for everything but to check if you'd have done painting update!

Awesome job with your minis Pedro! Since minks has been slacking and my hounds are throwing a creative block at me each time I consider to continue, you just gave me motivation to leave the hounds and move on to next subjects!

Paint shall flow tonight!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.