Hide
7 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Victory points rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
rocco vargas
msg tools
Do victory points of places which have never been active but are rather discarded directly from the stage area (e.g. due to exploring using the special ability of Northern Tracker or other card effects) count towards fullfilling the victory conditions of The Hills of Emyn Muil? Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mue makan
msg tools
yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm. Ok, follow up question: are cards with victory points that are discarded (shadow effect cards, etc) get reshuffled if the deck runs out? I've always played that the answer was no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Pickles
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
They get reshuffled - they only get put in the victory display if they are explored, which includes being cleared by Northern Trackers etc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rocco vargas
msg tools
Thanks mue makan. Emyl Muin turned out to be a leisure stroll using a deck suggested by Thanee:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/898293/journey-down-the-andu...

In particular, Northern Tracker was absolutely instrumental in exploring the required locations and getting their victory points the easy way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Riehl
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Northern Tracker eats Emyl Muil for breakfast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, a last minute edit changed the meaning of my last post. I meant say that I currently DO shuffle them back in (it seemed more in the spirit of the game).

Thanks for the confirmation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.