Catan: 5-6 Player Extension» Forums » General

Subject: Mixing publishers possible? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
torontoraptors
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have the Mayfair version and was wondering if the Kosmos 5-6players extension would work the same or if the components (cards and tiles) are not compatible?
Can anybody who knows if they are different give me an answer?
Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cards are not compatible. I am not 100% certain, but usually Mayfair use full size card, where Kosmos use half size. And the card backs will defintely be different.

Tiles should be same size (with different graphics)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jörg Baumgartner
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In addition to what Mik said, the pieces of the Kosmos edition are those plastic figures while Mayfair still uses the sensible wooden pieces.

You can always order replacement sets (either from Mayfair or from the German Catan-shop), but going for the same edition will spare you that extra expense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt B
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm surprised nobody mentioned that the frame pieces don't use the same connectors...Kosmos uses rectangular ones, while Mayfair uses round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I never use the frames.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raithyn
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:
Tiles should be same size (with different graphics)

Unless Kosmos has changed their size in the past several years, Mayfair's are slightly larger. My OCD wouldn't allow for mixing the two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.