Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Hoffman
United States
Briarcliff Manor
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I participated in the Kickstarter campaign, but did not opt to buy-in on the Battlefoam / Battlefoam bag (I'm not a minis painter, so I didn't think it was necessary, but now I'm getting my minis painted and would prefer to protect them).

Therefore: which BF product is equivalent to what was available during the KS campaign? I don't see a Sedition Wars-branded bag or trays listed (presently) on Battlefoam's site.

Also, how much of the extra stuff can be held by said BF product? Is there a more generic kit that would work for both the current stuff, the Biohazard stuff and (maybe) some future product as well?

Thanks, all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KC Bagley
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is what I use for my minis:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Plano-Protector-Series-Four-Pistol...

Much cheaper than battlefoam, comes with three layers of foam. You just need to cut the slots for your individual minis. Found out about this idea from a dakkadakka.com forum. So if you don't mind cutting the foam yourself, then this is the cheapest way to carry around your minis and just as good a way to do so.

edit: you may have to shop around different walmarts as not all of them carry this case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keegan Fink
United States
Havertown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ohbalto wrote:
Therefore: which BF product is equivalent to what was available during the KS campaign? I don't see a Sedition Wars-branded bag or trays listed (presently) on Battlefoam's site.

http://us.battlefoam.com/products/Cool-Mini-Or-Not-Bag-for-D...

This bag, featuring a different design patch (dark age), and different tray scheme, is indentical to the one which was sold for Sedition Wars. The SedWars trays were cut specifically for that game, given the dimensions of each model type. The Dark Age bag is the same size and type, with the only difference being the shape of each slot for the foam trays.

IIRC, you can buy the bag without foam, assuming BF sells SedWars trays later. They already have a Relic Knight bag out which is surprising since that Kickstarter ended waaaay after Sedition Wars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Briarcliff Manor
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lugburz wrote:
ohbalto wrote:

http://us.battlefoam.com/products/Cool-Mini-Or-Not-Bag-for-D...

This bag, featuring a different design patch (dark age), and different tray scheme, is indentical to the one which was sold for Sedition Wars. The SedWars trays were cut specifically for that game, given the dimensions of each model type. The Dark Age bag is the same size and type, with the only difference being the shape of each slot for the foam trays.

IIRC, you can buy the bag without foam, assuming BF sells SedWars trays later. They already have a Relic Knight bag out which is surprising since that Kickstarter ended waaaay after Sedition Wars.

Cool. Thanks for the information. I've been eyeing that bag, and figured that was the correct bag, but didn't understand why there wasn't a Sedition Wars version (and, frankly, afraid the KS bag might be "exclusive" or something).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tunguska's CPA
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Battle Foam has very responsive customer service, so send them an email and see if they're going to sell the bags in the future. They should be able to sell you those trays, too (they're just files they feed to a laser cutter).

One thing to keep in mind when using gun cases, is that a lot of people know what they "should" contain, and that can make them juicy targets to ne'er-do-wells. If I had a dollar for every horror story I've read on a minis forum about "my pistol/rifle case of minis was stolen out of my car!" I'd have... lunch money, easily.

I'm not telling you to avoid them, just be sure to store them in your trunk, etc, rather than your back seat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KC Bagley
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cervantes3773 wrote:
One thing to keep in mind when using gun cases, is that a lot of people know what they "should" contain, and that can make them juicy targets to ne'er-do-wells. If I had a dollar for every horror story I've read on a minis forum about "my pistol/rifle case of minis was stolen out of my car!" I'd have... lunch money, easily.

I'm not telling you to avoid them, just be sure to store them in your trunk, etc, rather than your back seat.

Haha, that's a good point. Never thought of that. Though, I wouldn't ever find that problematic as I don't take my minis elsewhere but a gaming store. If I do though, I will be sure to leave them in the trunk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.