Recommend
9 
 Thumb up
 Hide
23 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Community » BoardGameGeek Community

Subject: Yay! Welcoming my husband to BGG!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ms. Shug
United States
Round Rock
TX
flag msg tools
Got my eye on you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Today is a momentous occasion! My husband officially joined BGG today! I don't know how active he'll be but I'm really happy he's here. Now we're a super cool board game couple laugh I can begin to ponder all those couple's problems like whose profile we list our games under and stuff laugh. Please give him a hearty welcome like we do here . Introducing...

Jason Flaherty
United States
Texas
flag msg tools


I have to get him an avatar now.
16 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
You've got a bit of poop on your microbadge.
3 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome Jay!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Middlesboro
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I gave him 30 GG for an avatar.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Coddington
United States
Woodbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the Geek!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Flaherty
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Thank you all for the warm welcome and much thanks for the geek gold. Avatar bought! And yes, I think we've played enough Dungeon Pets for my wife to earn her poop.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms. Shug
United States
Round Rock
TX
flag msg tools
Got my eye on you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarlett_O wrote:
I gave him 30 GG for an avatar.


Thanks for the avatar, Scarlet! You beat me to it!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms. Shug
United States
Round Rock
TX
flag msg tools
Got my eye on you!
mbmbmbmbmb
hskrfn822 wrote:
You've got a bit of poop on your microbadge.


You make me laugh!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
quirogal wrote:
hskrfn822 wrote:
You've got a bit of poop on your microbadge.


You make me laugh!


Cool! Remember to tip your waitress! Try the veal!

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
jayflaherty75 wrote:
Thank you all for the warm welcome and much thanks for the geek gold. Avatar bought! And yes, I think we've played enough Dungeon Pets for my wife to earn her poop.


Welcome to BGG! I like your guys' game collection. It's an eclectic mix of genres, theme and mechanics, yet a good chunk of the games you own are some of the better examples of said genres, themes and mechanics, i.e., Go representing the abstracts and Hammer of the Scots representing war games. Do either of these two games get much play in your household? What made you decide to buy these games, or any other of your games, for that matter?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms. Shug
United States
Round Rock
TX
flag msg tools
Got my eye on you!
mbmbmbmbmb
hskrfn822 wrote:
jayflaherty75 wrote:
Thank you all for the warm welcome and much thanks for the geek gold. Avatar bought! And yes, I think we've played enough Dungeon Pets for my wife to earn her poop.


Welcome to BGG! I like your guys' game collection. It's an eclectic mix of genres, theme and mechanics, yet a good chunk of the games you own are some of the better examples of said genres, themes and mechanics, i.e., Go representing the abstracts and Hammer of the Scots representing war games. Do either of these two games get much play in your household? What made you decide to buy these games, or any other of your games, for that matter?


Best compliment I've gotten from my husband recently: "You pick really great games!"

I'm the game scout and still pretty new to the hobby. At this stage I'd classify myself as a bit of an omnivore, though I'm beginning to feel some preferences emerge. We play almost exclusively 2-player so many of my acquisitions have been with that in mind. War-game lite seems a natural fit. I say lite because I'm not attracted to the complexity (or rather this TYPE of complexity) of many war games and I MUST find the theme interesting to want to play. I was really hot for Andean Abyss but due to it's length, I don't see us getting it to the table easily. And I love a great theme but have found a couple of gems that are pretty barebones (T&E and Innovation=love). It's been my intention to keep our collection at 100 or less (I can hear the laughter out there!). This had led me to choose games that are unique in comparison to what we already have, even better if they are superior examples of that game type. That is especially true of my purchases of the last few months when I really began to find MORE worker placement games a tough sell. Seems it's easy to go overboard in that category. J and I are fortunate to be very compatible in our game tastes. We both LOVE direct confrontation and thinky games. It's SO therapeutic to be able to clobber your spouse in a game . We are in agreement that luck-based games are fine as fun fillers but I'm not digging too much randomness in games masquerading as strategy games. Anyway, the dirty truth is that we are still making our way through our games so we'll see what games are still standing in a year, when my buy-ban ends and we've played most of what we have and delved more deeply into those we like. I dream of one day being a decent Go player but I really, really suck at it right now. And sadly, we still haven't gotten to Hammer of the Scots yet but since the top of my list are games I've had longest, it's coming up soon.

Sorry if I rambled. I find it tough to be brief. Thanks for asking. Who doesn't love to talk about their "Precious"? --game collection that is
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ani
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You've converted one! *Hallelujah chorus in the background*thumbsup

Welcome to BGG Jason! Hope you enjoy the ride.

Now my question is: Does Jason fall under the buy-ban restrictions as well? You know that once he starts poking around here he'll find some awesome games that he'll want to get. Now how can you deny him that Geek experience?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome aboard!

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
ASL ... yes, this is my Desert Island Game. If I have to give up all my 3000+ games and only allowed to keep one, this would be it. This bloody game stood the test of time. Around for more than 25 years - simply the best.
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Another husband! Welcome to the club meeple
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slush
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome! And may your relationship stay together after playing Lost Cities.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms. Shug
United States
Round Rock
TX
flag msg tools
Got my eye on you!
mbmbmbmbmb
anij wrote:
You've converted one! *Hallelujah chorus in the background*thumbsup

Welcome to BGG Jason! Hope you enjoy the ride.

Now my question is: Does Jason fall under the buy-ban restrictions as well? You know that once he starts poking around here he'll find some awesome games that he'll want to get. Now how can you deny him that Geek experience?


Jason is one of those people that hardly ever buys anything. He had this truly awful, bleach-stained faded blue tank that he would proudly announce he'd had since he was 22 or something like that. He doesn't see fit to buy stuff until what he has completely wears out. In games, that means he won't until he's completely tested every strategy and enjoyed its full depth. So he can technically buy games but he won't. It's better that one of us is like this.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
Portugal
flag msg tools
Check my profile to learn more about these...
badge
I'm thinking of something intelligent to say... this may take a while!
mbmbmbmbmb
quirogal wrote:
anij wrote:
You've converted one! *Hallelujah chorus in the background*thumbsup

Welcome to BGG Jason! Hope you enjoy the ride.

Now my question is: Does Jason fall under the buy-ban restrictions as well? You know that once he starts poking around here he'll find some awesome games that he'll want to get. Now how can you deny him that Geek experience?


Jason is one of those people that hardly ever buys anything. He had this truly awful, bleach-stained faded blue tank that he would proudly announce he'd had since he was 22 or something like that. He doesn't see fit to buy stuff until what he has completely wears out. In games, that means he won't until he's completely tested every strategy and enjoyed its full depth. So he can technically buy games but he won't. It's better that one of us is like this.

Sounds like me! Welcome, Little Jay! I only call you that because we already have a
Jason Russell
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
Playing lotsa games in Windsor!!! YAAAAY!!!!
badge
I will be one of the first to be DEVOURED!!!!! :)
mbmbmbmbmb


Enjoy the insanity! I mean, welcome a board! I mean, have fun!
coollaughmeeple
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David J
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome, husband.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Flaherty
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Unfortunately, the board doesn't allow for name changes... unless I'm missing something? I would have put a little more thought into it if I'd known. =b
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could set up a new account, but if you're going to do that, do it now.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wisser
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yes, I know "faith" is misspelled ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome Jason! meeple

You know, my boyfriend joined a couple months back without me even pestering him to, he just up and did it. 'Twas super cute, I found out two weeks later, he didn't make a big deal of it.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Di Girolami
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jayflaherty75 wrote:
Thank you all for the warm welcome and much thanks for the geek gold. Avatar bought! And yes, I think we've played enough Dungeon Pets for my wife to earn her poop.


Nice Avatar ... thanks, flattery will get you nowhere, so here's $5 to get yourself some badges, welcome aboard!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome aboard, Jason! And kudos to Scarlett_O for the GG, her generosity is what makes this place great.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.