$10.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
170 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 

Carcassonne: Hunters and Gatherers» Forums » General

Subject: BGG / Yucata League -- Carcassonne: Hunters and Gatherers - Results Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doron Blake
United States
Lakeville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news, everyone. We are full up at 28 and ready to roll! Here is the scoop on playing our matches:

a) You can find the pairings here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoYE2bGf--iMdEp...

b) To begin, we will play the first five games, A through E. We'll start the second set of games when the majority of the first round games are done (~80% or so).

c) Anyone may send the invitation for each game. It would be great if we could get these started right away, so please go ahead and invite for all of your first five games if you have a chance once you read this. In the subject of your invitation, please put something like: BGG League game A1 (or C4, or whatever the code is for that game). Please make sure your invitation is for a game without the sacred shrine

d) The status field should say "invited" once invites have been sent out, "playing" once the game is underway, and "finished" once the game is done.

e) When the game is finished, record the order of finishers in the database under 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. Check the other sheets for standings and things like that as results come up. While it is not necessary, please feel free to post results of your games, comments, memorable plays, or what not, in this thread if you like.

f) The prize pool is currently 250GG and a sweet mug. Please feel free to contribute more at any time if you would like. Current payouts would be:

1 - 85 GG and the MUG!!
2 - 55 GG
3 - 35 GG
4 - 25 GG
5 - 20 GG
6 - 15 GG
7 - 10 GG
8 - 5 GG

Remember that after league play is finished, the top 4 in the standings will play 3 4p games to determine 1st - 4th, with the 3-game combined score being the metric of choice. 5th - 8th will play their own set of 3 4p game to determine 5th - 8th.

g) If you find any errors in the pairings, like you end up playing the same person twice or whatever, please message me right away. I did my best to check the pairings, but mistakes are always a possibility. :\

h) If you are at all confused about any element of the league, don't hesitate to ask!

i) Have fun!!!

j) I will likely start a new 4p Round-Robin league within a month or so if folks enjoy this one, so feel free to post or message me game requests for that here. I was thinking Thunderstone, Vikings, St. Petes, Maori, At the Gates of Loyang, or Finca, but I like pretty much everything.

UPDATE on Tiebreakers: In the case of a tie going into the championship round, here is the tiebreaking policy:

a) head-to-head
b) # of wins over the other top 10 competitors
c) Number of 1st place finishes
d) extra head-to-head game among players still tied.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please consider me for any of the leagues you set up. I love this format. Thanks for putting this together. (I submitted 20GG for the prize pool.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WDP
United States
Saint George
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
twilightdruid wrote:
Great news, everyone. We are full up at 28 and ready to roll! Here is the scoop on playing our matches:

Thank you very much for putting this together!

And to all those who brought in friends to make the tournament a reality.

twilightdruid wrote:
Remember that after league play is finished, the top 4 in the standings will play 3 4p games to determine 1st - 4th, with the 3-game combined score being the metric of choice. 5th - 8th will play one 4p game to determine 5th - 8th.

What a cool way to do the finals! Are we doing this with the Stone Age tournament, or was this your idea?

twilightdruid wrote:
j) I will likely start a new 4p Round-Robin league within a month or so if folks enjoy this one, so feel free to post or message me game requests for that here. I was thinking Thunderstone, Vikings, St. Petes, Maori, At the Gates of Loyang, or Finca, but I like pretty much everything.

In addition to these games (I love Thunderstone, Vikings, St. Pete's, and At the Gates of Loyang [which is why I bought them all ]), I would love to see Down Under; Hey, That's My Fish!; Just 4 Fun; Pompeii; Rattus; Santiago de Cuba; The Hanging Gardens; Thurn and Taxis; and Yucata.

Of course, when I thought to post this, I was thinking that you had said you'd want to do this monthly. Now I read you more carefully and see that you were only suggesting doing it again in one month. So most of these ideas would need to be shoved into future projects.

If we did monthly tournaments like this, it might be nice to keep an ongoing geeklist where folks can thumb the games they'd like to play next time. Then when it comes time to start a new tournament, we set up one for whichever game has the most thumbs. We drop that game from the geeklist at that point. Anyone can add new games at any time, so when folks are ready for that game to return to the rotation, they just add it back to the list — when its thumbs hit the top again, we play it again. Ties in thumbs could be split by tip amounts, which would ideally be rolled into the winners' pot when the tournament started.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens www.spielefreun.de
Germany
Heinersreuth
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext is really cool. The best 100 GG I've ever spent.
badge
Well. I'm actually bored with overtext. Why did I give all that GG away?
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't really understand how this league thing works, but I don't care, either. I'll just play and appreciate all the effort you put into this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doron Blake
United States
Lakeville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
League/Tournament/whatever, the gist of it is, you play some games, then play some more games, then see how you did overall, hopefully having fun all the while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doron Blake
United States
Lakeville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@Tiwsman: 1000rpm is using the top 4 playoffs thing in his Stone Age league, and I took it from him. I was thinking about doing a new game every month, and I love your idea for a Geeklist...I'm going to work on setting it up presently...And here it is!

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/152120/bggyucata-playe...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
United States
DURHAM
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will we update results in this thread as well as on the sheet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doron Blake
United States
Lakeville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@Loofish - It's only strictly necessary to put results into the database. Feel free to put them here as well if you wish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liallan G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
twilightdruid wrote:

Remember that after league play is finished, the top 4 in the standings will play 3 4p games to determine 1st - 4th, with the 3-game combined score being the metric of choice. 5th - 8th will play one 4p game to determine 5th - 8th.

Is anyone else but me bugged by the 5th-8th only having 1 game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Saracco
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Liallan wrote:
twilightdruid wrote:

Is anyone else but me bugged by the 5th-8th only having 1 game?

I vote for 3 games also for 5th-8th place.

And one question: how do you evaluete the 3 games? Points 3-2-1-0 for each game, or you sum the scores of the 3 games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doron Blake
United States
Lakeville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3 games for 5th-8th sounds fine to me. Can't really remember why I thought only one was a good idea...

Also, my plan was to go with cumulative score from the three game set to determine standing, although I'm happy to do anything that the players involved decide on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was accepting invitations to multiple games. It looks like maybe the site triggered a "reject" from me with an errant mouse click. Anyway, my apologies to anyone confused by this mistake. My other games are rolling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cornjob wrote:
I was accepting invitations to multiple games. It looks like maybe the site triggered a "reject" from me with an errant mouse click. Anyway, my apologies to anyone confused by this mistake. My other games are rolling.

I'm in that game. How do we restart it? It isn't on my game list anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Van Zon
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First game is done. E2 ended as follows:
jhauser42 - 81 points
insearchofspace - 73 points
Conlaen - 73 points
loofish - 71 points

Spreadsheet has been updated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doron Blake
United States
Lakeville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Woot! Annnnndddd we're off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
United States
DURHAM
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An auspicious start. cry

Grats, jhauser!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Hauser
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Broom
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Finished game - E5

Congratulations to smegol

Smegol 125
TwistedTea 124
Baron Frog 101
mikelietz 78
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doron Blake
United States
Lakeville
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wowza, one point! zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D a v i d B u r k e y
United States
Fort Smith
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a mole man....
mbmbmbmbmb
Game C3 results:

settlerdave: 118
Defdamesdompi: 103
jhauser42: 82
Baron Frog: 79

Game link is here.

I have updated the spreadsheet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Broom
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Game D3 results:

TwistedTea: 101
RadioBirdMan: 88
Moon_grl: 84
Saraxsr: 78

Game link is here.

I have updated the spreadsheet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game C4
TwistedTea 118
insearchofspace 90
sstackho 82
spacewolf009 58

Game Link: HERE

spreadsheet updated

well played, all
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Broom
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Corrected scores

sstackho 118
TwistedTea 90
insearchofspace 82
spacewolf009 58

Spacewolf009 Caught out by Yucata listing people in the reults in play order rather than results order.

Spreadsheet updated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ivan pawle
Ireland
Dublin
D7
flag msg tools
Save keys to open doors...
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha! I prefer those uncorrected scores
Well done to all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TwistedTea wrote:

Corrected scores

sstackho 118
TwistedTea 90
insearchofspace 82
spacewolf009 58

Spacewolf009 Caught out by Yucata listing people in the reults in play order rather than results order.

Spreadsheet updated.

You learn something everyday - Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.