Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Love my girls!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've long had the 2nd edition of TS, but during the GMT sale I snagged a mounted board. Everything I'd read lead me to believe the changes were mostly cosmetic outside of the new variant cards and the additional scenario.

Now I'm seeing that there are influence set up numbers on my new map that don't match up with my rulebook (like 2 US influence in Canada).

My question is since I clearly missed this change in my research, are there other changes I've missed as well? Can I just download the new deluxe rules and be good to go, or are there actual changes to the cards from 2nd to deluxe as well?

Sorry for the new thread on this, but apparently my google-fu is weak.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Hickey
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no card changes I am aware of (apart from the addition of the optional cards). Red Scare/Purge was updgraded from 2 ops to 4 from 1st to 2nd edition, I think that was the only change then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Bloggs
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I never had 2nd edition, but iirc, some of the influence positions are new (for example in Canada, this is because of the new NORAD card), the card Aldrich Ames got an update (instead of a weird 'USSR can dictate what order the US plays their hand,' it's changed to 'the USSR gets to see the US hand and choose one of their cards to discard'). Also the board changes the space race names, but their actual effects are the same relatively.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
In the deluxe edition, Canada starts with 2 US influence, and there are the new optional cards (which I always play with and think are great).

The one card change was Aldrich Ames remix, which is a 3* Soviet event which forces the US to play with an open hand for the remainder of the turn and the Soviets may choose one card to be discarded from the hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.