Subject: Enemy fire and ice resistance question? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jimmy Christensen
Denmark
Århus
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is stated in the rulebook, that: "(...)The enemy ignores any non-attack effects of red cards or unit abilities powered by red mana." The same goes for ice resistance, just with blue cards and blue mana.

So the way I understand that, is if I attack an enemy with, lets say fire resistance and I need to generate some attack by tapping, and I tap a red influence card like "threaten." But that dosen't work because it is a red card? - Does it work that way, or can I always tap any card, to generate attack, I am a bit confused?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Αντώνης ΠατρΑΡΗΣ
Greece
Patra
flag msg tools
GOD OF WAR
mbmbmbmbmb
You can find your answer here:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/762492/resistance-semantics

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can spend any card sideways to generate 1 Attack (or Move, etc.) Since you are generating Attack, it is an Attack effect (as opposed to a non-attack effect), and therefore that sentence from the rulebook you quoted does not apply.

However, if you cast Disintegrate's bottom half (can't remember the name -- Demolish?), which "destroys the target enemy," well that is a non-attack effect on a red card, so an enemy with fire resistance would ignore it. Does that help?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Christensen
Denmark
Århus
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
QBert80 wrote:
You can spend any card sideways to generate 1 Attack (or Move, etc.) Since you are generating Attack, it is an Attack effect (as opposed to a non-attack effect), and therefore that sentence from the rulebook you quoted does not apply.

However, if you cast Disintegrate's bottom half (can't remember the name -- Demolish?), which "destroys the target enemy," well that is a non-attack effect on a red card, so an enemy with fire resistance would ignore it. Does that help?

Thank you very much, that is what I need to know (;

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dodge
United States
Highland
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
QBert80 wrote:

We had that very scenario come up last night. My son was fighting a dragon with fire resistance and he went to play Disintegrate, but quickly realized that the dragon was resistant to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.