Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Response: After you win a challenge in which Drogon participated and all of your participating characters have the Dragon trait, choose and kill 1 character whose STR is equal to or less than the number of participating characters you control. (Limit once per phase)"

So, last night, my Martell set-up kept getting pummeled by this. The Targ player kept winning easy military and power victories against other opponents and targeting my Sand Snakes with this ability.

Now, I see that this is "once per phase," so that was already a spot where the ability was played wrong, but--aside from a save (which Martell doesn't have a large number of)--what kind of defense can one have agains this? Can it really target characters utterly uninvolved in the challenge? (seems to be, but damn..).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Ach
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume you're playing melee since it's implied that you weren't participating in the challenge. The defense is to make a deal with other players to gang up on him and kill his Drogon. Try to run Condemned by the Realm to get rid of problematic characters in melee.

Targ has a couple of effects that allow him to kill completely unrelated characters (see Flaming-Pitch Tower and Khal Drogo.) It can be brutal in melee.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helmut Hohberger
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum videtur
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, Martell has one of the very best cards to deal with this kind of nonsense: He Calls it Thinking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.