Hide
7 Posts

Dixit: Journey» Forums » General

Subject: Dixit Quest? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pwned Pawn
msg tools
I was browsing the Asmodee website and came across an entry for the Dixit Quest expansion, to be published in March 2013:

http://us.asmodee.com/ressources/jeux_versions/dixit-quest.p...

Quote:
The Dixit Quest expansion allows players to take advantage of the cards from Dixit Journey and combine them with their Dixit or Dixit Odyssey base games. Add 84 cards to add to your surprising, exciting, and evocative Dixit game that will be enjoyed with friends and family alike!

I guess they decided that the Dixit Journey/Dixit 3 situation wasn't confusing enough, so now there will be a 3rd name for that set of cards! The sad thing is that when I saw Dixit Quest I thought it was going to be new cards and got very excited.

EDIT: As Stefan from Asmodee explains below, Dixit Quest is actually just a repackaging of Dixit 2, and the product page has now been updated with the correct information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmodee is drowning this great game into confusion. Scoring changes, artwork cahnges (probably unavoidable), multiple names.

Keep It Simple Stupid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kangyu Chia
Singapore
Varsity Park Condominium
flag msg tools
Ouch.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait. So Dixit Quest is really just Dixit Journey, minus the scoring tokens and other stuff?

Well. That's confusing indeed. Now we have Dixit 3, Dixit Journey AND Dixit Quest!

Not to mention the fact that it means that "early adopters" would probably have wasted their money buying Dixit Journey just to expand their Dixit collection without any need for the poorly made pawns and redundant tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Brunell
Canada
Bromont
Quebec
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
What?!?

I will remove the page and change it.

Dixit Quest is Dixit 2, stores ask to repack it and it's easier for us to work with a name instead of a number.

Still, we never work with Dixit 3 in North-America, only Dixit Journey was available. Dixit 3 was release 4 month later for the rest of the world, and since it's the same cards, I really don't know why there's the Dixit 3 name instead of Journey as base name here on BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
endless dreamer
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That makes more sense, thank you Stefan for clearing that up! I need Dixit 2 and since we can no longer get it from our distributors I was very disappointed. Now I can just preorder Dixit Quest! yay!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Lesjak
United States
flag msg tools
So, it says here on Asmodee's site that Dixit Quest will be available "Marsh 2013":

http://us.asmodee.com/ressources/jeux_versions/dixit-quest.p...

I'm just going to assume they meant March. In that case, WHEN in March is it coming out? It's nearly the end of March now, and I haven't seen a hint of it at any of the big online retailers. Does anyone have any clues here?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rider
United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw Dixit Quest at my local game store last night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.