Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective» Forums » Variants

Subject: Warhammer: Zavant Konniger Sage-Mystic rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kili Flinkhand
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm currently reading Zavant Konniger which is a Warhammer Version of Sherlock. Instead of a heroin problem he likes too much his warpstone pipe.

And Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay stroke me always as half fighting half mystery gathering. So I thought of making a conversion of SHCD.

Rules will stay the same as in the original game.

City will be Altdorf.
Newspaper will be the Altdorfer Allgemeine Zeitung.

Sherlock will be Vido or Zavant. I have to seeh which timeframe fits better. Zavant was active in 2502 Imperial Calendar. Current Timeline is 2521 bevore/at Storm of Chaos. But at this point Zavant hasn't been mentioned anymore in the current publications. So if the timeline is 2521 then Zavant is 12 years absent due to his fall into the Reikbach-Falls and Vido holds up his detective work in Altdorf.

Locations in London/Altdorf are also most the same.

Hospital == Shallya Hospice
Mortuary == Temple of Morr

Scientist == University of Altdorf
Theologist == Temple of Sigmar

Scotland Yard == City Watch Central Station

Porky == A Tavern in the thousand Taverns street
Moriaty/Underworld == Magpies Pawnshop at the Schmutzigplatz

As you may have noticed. I need english proofreaders, as english is not my first language.

Themes will most be around warhammer typical stuff. Trollslayers, Skaven, Chaos Cults and the worst enemy of men. The other men.

Any suggestions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice idea. Were you thinking of re-writing the existing Consulting Detective mysteries, replacing the characters and locations, or are you going to create new mysteries to solve? It sounds like lot of work either way, so good luck with it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I legally own hundreds of polyhedral assault dice!
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kili Flinkhand
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Actually I thought of making new Cases, a new map, new newspaper, but the idea to change the original ones is also a good idea. As it is a lot more easier than to think of all possible ways the players could think through this.

As for the case, the main problem is, that you cant predict in which order the players go through the scenes, so there is actually no narative red line through the story as everything is there simultaniously.

And for the overall work:
Once the map, Artwork of the newspaper and introduction is done there is only to write new scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Airborne XO
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds full of win! I am currently working on a Call of Cthulhu, Arkham based version of SHCD :)

The map is hard to do though!

Cheers, Hal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.