Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ARTHUR REILLY
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm always surprised when I find that someone plays a game once or twice and suddenly decides to write a review. Many games need to be played awhile before one can even begin to grasp the tactics and strategy involved. Indus, is definitely such a game. What I'd like to say right up front is that, yes it's a dice game and yet it seems the better player will win most if not all of the time. I think that's certainly quite an achievement, compared to other games where dice are involved, that end up feeling like your playing a game such as WAR. Note that Indus only uses one die, which makes the game less random. I don't think the comparison to backgammon is totally fair. Mind you backgammon is a great game, where skill will win out much more often than luck. In that way Indus is quite similar. However, that's where the comparisons end, making Idus quite unique. I don't think anyone would compare chess to stratego, just because they are both played on a board with squares, that pieces move on. I've only played the 2 player version of the game and was quite pleased with how well it played. The 2 player game seems like the best choice, considering you get to control 32 pieces, as opposed to 16, when playing with more than 2 players.
Trying to get your pieces on the valuable locations on the board is almost an art. Do you roll once or twice or three times. Is it best to put a piece on a starting space that you're opponent would love to have or do you play it somewhere else, if you think that will reap even more benefits. As the board fills up, you begin to realize how important it is deciding which pieces to bring into play. Once a piece is moved onto the board, it stays put, making every choice an interesting one.
The fact that the board can be set-up in a number of different configuations, makes an already great game, even that much more fun to play.
The bottom line is that I found the game lots of fun and enjoyed all the decisions that went into trying to win the game. So if you judge games on their fun factor and the interesting choices they offer during play, along with sometimes difficult decisions, then Indus is a must have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.