Ghosts!» Forums » Variants

Subject: Waddingtons' Jekyll & Hyde rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stuart
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this uses the Ghosts mechanic but shouldn't Jekyll & Hyde by Waddingtons have a separate game entry?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is it the same game rules and just a different title/theme, or different game rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the same game rules but the name and playing pieces are significantly different. Searching for Jekyll & Hyde directs you to the Ghosts page which might be confusing for people browsing the site as the title and game avatar is different to the Waddingtons' version. They may not think to scroll down and check the variant titles or look for images in the gallery, and just think they're on the wrong page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be nice when those redirects happen for there to be a note at the top of the page saying something like 'the game you searched for is included in this entry because it's a thematic variant with the same rules' or something, so you'd know you came to the 'right' place (and I use 'right' loosely)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
pawnvsdice wrote:
It's the same game rules but the name and playing pieces are significantly different.

Then it should simply be a Version of the game.

E.g. see the animal-themed Japanese version and the robot-themed Polish version of Let's Catch the Lion!.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I suppose so but for the sake of user-interface perhaps versions that have significantly different titles and game components should have a separate entry. (Neither the title nor the pawns involve ghosts in the Waddingtons version.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.