Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Rudolph
Canada
Langdon
Alberta
flag msg tools
GIR, quickly, ride the pig!
badge
Yaaaaaay! I don't know what you just said!
mbmbmbmbmb
My girlfriend and I ran across this a few times now and I'm finally asking here what everyone else thinks. The Mobile Home (1 lot RES) says that after it's built you can move any 1 lot RES to any other vacant lot. The card itself doesn't say that this movement ignores zoning restrictions, and the zoning restrictions rules in the booklet only say that a new building must follow zoning restrictions unless the card states otherwise. We couldn't find any written rules to really support either case, so we've been playing it then as the 1 lot RES can go wherever you like, ignoring zoning restrictions (because driving your mobile home into the high-value COM block is amusing). Is this correct or at least how everyone else interprets it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
Du Quoin
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
You've got it right. There goes the neighborhood!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Lanphear
United States
Stockton
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You said it. NEW buildings MUST follow zoning restrictions. BUT this is NOT a new building is it? Just stay out of my backyard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is correct. From page 8 in the rules, the italicized writing under "Zoning Restrictions":
Buildings “placed” or “moved” via card effect also ignore zoning restrictions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Rudolph
Canada
Langdon
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DoomTurtle wrote:
That is correct. From page 8 in the rules, the italicized writing under "Zoning Restrictions":
Buildings “placed” or “moved” via card effect also ignore zoning restrictions.

Ah, perfect! I had completely passed over that when the italicized part started by mentioning parks. It's nice to at least have something to point to to say we've been doing it right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmb
You could also just go by the wording on the card itself: "...any vacant lot."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Rudolph
Canada
Langdon
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad Jensen wrote:
You could also just go by the wording on the card itself: "...any vacant lot."

Yeah, that was the main part of our justification for letting it go anywhere. Our other line of thinking though was that any card that ignored the effect of zoning restrictions usually said so; since it didn't say that this other feature ignored zoning restrictions, there was the chance that it had to follow them.

Incidentally, Chad, my girlfriend has said on a few occasions that this is her favourite game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.