Popular Tags: [View All]
Salim Khoury
United States
Houston
TX
flag msg tools
Give Grace, Always.
badge
Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.
mbmbmbmbmb
More specifically...I own Steam: Map Expansion #1 so I really want to know if anyone has played on the Belgium & Luxembourg map using Barons' stock market rules?

I'm trying to decide between playing on one of the default Barons' maps or the Belgium & Luxembourg map as it's designed for 2 players.

The rules for Barons make it seem like the maps that come with the Barons expansion are playable with two players if stock market rules are used.

Feedback and thoughts are appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dick Ruck
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
Crabro was my first own-design stunt kite, named after a genus of black and yellow stinging insect in the UK
mbmbmbmbmb
Have a look at the Steam two player list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salim Khoury
United States
Houston
TX
flag msg tools
Give Grace, Always.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Crabro wrote:
Have a look at the Steam two player list.

Thanks, I'm familiar with that list but I don't see anyone discussing Barons stock market rules for 2p, maybe it's because it doesn't make a difference but that's what I'm trying to find out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ægir Æxx
Iceland
Reykjavik
Gullbringusysla
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2p games in Barons have all six companies in the game. So you would be unable to play Barons on a scaled down 2 player map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angus G
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Steam Barons is almost a game on top of a game. You may have 2 players who are buying and selling the companies, but all 6 companies are building tracks, moving goods, etc. So it's almost like having 6 players for a regular Steam game. I'd look for a map that suits 6 Steam players best. The one that comes with Steam Barons seems to work quite well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salim Khoury
United States
Houston
TX
flag msg tools
Give Grace, Always.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, this is now clear to me. I didn't realize the stock market rules made the game so different! Kinda cool, makes the 2p almost more approachable than a 2p Base or Standard game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angus G
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say 2 player Steam Barons works better than 2 player Steam, but I don't think it's more accessible. In a 2 player game there's a lot to manage. Each player will have an average of 3 companies to run, so it can get complicated. In regular Steam you build the best track for you. In Steam Barons your company tries to do this but then you also have to try to keep from screwing the other companies you run. And then of course you may or may not want to keep that company for the rest of the game. I would definitely get comfortable with Steam before jumping into Steam Barons. It's a very different experience but quite interesting and good in its own right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.