6 Posts

Tournay» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ballista and Ramparts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Appendix 2 of the Z-Man rules says the following about Ballista: "When you activate a Ballista, your opponents may construct a Rampart to protect themselves."

I assume that an opponent must construct one Rampart for each Event against which he wants protection. (If so, I would have written "Ramparts" instead of "a Rampart.")

Or is it that one Rampart protects entirely against that activation of the Ballista?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EXTRA AVOCADO! Sonderegger
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like reading into it as a single rampart doesn't make sense. In every other case it's one to one. But who knows!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Urso McDaniel
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm very sure that it follows the same rules as event activation via the Town Crier.

That is one Rampart per event card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Orban
Belgium
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
chadm wrote:
I'm very sure that it follows the same rules as event activation via the Town Crier.

That is one Rampart per event card.

exactly !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Bob742
msg tools
fart
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaking of ramparts, each one you play blocks one event card.

1- Are these ramparts in play from now on?
That is, once they are on the table in front of you can you use them again and again to block one event each as they come up?

We played our first game like this, but now I'm not sure we did it right any more.

2- In any case, for counting victory points at the end of the game do ramparts played onto the table as well as still in your hand count for VP? One did, after all, already counter an event and that's what is getting rewarded here, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek Szczepanik
Poland
Warsaw
EU
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bobobob598 wrote:
Speaking of ramparts, each one you play blocks one event card.

1- Are these ramparts in play from now on?
That is, once they are on the table in front of you can you use them again and again to block one event each as they come up?

We played our first game like this, but now I'm not sure we did it right any more.

2- In any case, for counting victory points at the end of the game do ramparts played onto the table as well as still in your hand count for VP? One did, after all, already counter an event and that's what is getting rewarded here, right?

1. You have to build a new rampart each time you want to protect yourself from an event, even if it's the same event card triggered by different town criers. But within one town crier 'session' one rampart card protects you form an event regardless of how many times it was triggered.

2. During the final turn you can play your rampart cards onto your rampart pile, and each card there is worth 1 pp. It would be unwise to keep some cards in your hand. Here, I came across on an opinion that you must play all your rampart cards during the final turn what I find more logical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.