Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking for a cribbage application for the Android Operating System (Android OS) that allows for a two player interface (as opposed to AI).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Duncan
United States
Ithaca
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cribbage Pro has both two player and AI.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It says it costs $2.99 to install. Is that a one time charge?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
p55carroll
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Games are not movies or stories; they're vehicles for creative decision making.
badge
"Desire makes everything blossom; possession makes everything wither and fade." (Marcel Proust)
mbmbmbmbmb
drmark64 wrote:
It says it costs $2.99 to install. Is that a one time charge?

Yes. It's that cheap. And it's a good app IMO. I've been using it awhile, and I like the way it has been supported and updated. It started out good and got better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Duncan
United States
Ithaca
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cribbage Pro seems to me the best app for serious players. The multiplayer gives you lots of options, e.g. you can play "best of 3," "best of 5," etc. You can set different time limits per turn (15 seconds, 30 seconds, 60 seconds, etc.) and so on.

It is cross-platform, so players using different devices (iPhone, Android, Nook, Kindle Fire) can play each other, which means there are more players available as opponents than other apps, I would guess.

The only other cribbage app I have experience with is Trivial Technologies. I like it and I do think the graphics and user interface are slicker and more attractive on that app. But the multiplayer has fewer options to customize the game (e.g. no best-of series are possible). And the AI doesn't seem as challenging (though it is still pretty good). For instance after hundreds of games (yes, I have a Cribbage problem) on both apps, my win rate against the Trivial Technology expert level is 58% and my win rate against the Cribbage Pro advanced level is 52%. Take that for what it is worth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.