Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Degann
United States
Westlake Village
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The notorious Russian Roulette game, which I'd been eager to try, since I received it as a very welcome gift from Peter Hansson of Gigantoskop. It did not go down well. I remember Peter telling me that it is actually quite strategic once you play it a few times, but the combination of the memory element with the inherently chaotic game system pushed it over the top. Part of the problem for me was that you have these bullets which, when "fired", cause you to twist your barrel or swap bullets in other players' guns - which had effects that were just impossible to predict and impossible to use tactically. Some described it as a "drinking game". I don't anticipating ever getting drunk enough for this one, but I do intend to give it another try. Even "Badaboom", in its chaotic glory, was sufficiently stripped down to enable players to *try* to control the outcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoffer Krämer
Sweden
Stockholm
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I hope it will get to you!

Try some of the otional rules of the game if you want to control the more chaotic element. Maybe a combination of the two versions of optional rueles give the most control. Remove the High Velocity Bullets AND tag all bullets put in to your revolver by other players. I have not tried it myself but it should do the trick.

Krämer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.