$10.00
Jayson Myers
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please check out my other reviews at:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/145695/item/2553108#it...

Conclusion:

You get two classic games in one Disney Cars box. You get everything you need in the box. While these games are a little boring to me, it is fun to teach them to your children.

While not a favorite of mine, this is just as good as any other version if you like the pasted on theme. Everything is cheaply made and a little small.

Components:

The components are cheap and a tad small for my hands. All the markers have Cars stickers on theme. The board is double sided, with each side having a game on it.

The components are bland.

Rule Book:

The rules for both games are printed on a single paper and do an adequate job. Most people have played these games before.

Flow of the Game:

Checkers - you try to eliminate your opponent by moving your markers toward them. If you "jump" over them, they are gone. If you make it to the other side, you "king' your marker which means they can not move in both directions.

Tic Tac Toe - you put a marker on the board. Three in a row wins.

Should I buy this Game?:

Not really. I'm going to keep because I have them. If your kid would like these games and you like the theme, this could be a fun cheap game. You would be okay passing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Husted
United States
East Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You should try the Tic-Tac-Toe game with the "Star Tic-Tac-Toe" rules; it will transform it from a mere activity to a simple actual game.

Designate one game piece for each player as special. This can be done with a sticker or marker (I have used a gold metalic color sharpie on my game pieces to do trim work).

Limit each player to 3 pieces, one of them being the special piece or "star". Players take turns placing their pieces, placing their special pieces last. They then move their pieces from one space to any other free space. The special ability of their star piece is that on the player's turn, rather than move that piece to an open space, the player man choose instead to swap positions of the star pieces.

I had given up on Tic-Tac-Toe as being anything more than a child's activity. I stopped long ago even thinking of it as an actual game. The Star rules have brought back the whisps of an actual game. Give it a try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bush
United States
Shipman
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well is there a rule about both players choosing to swap stars repeatedly? Is that a draw by repetition? Is it allowed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.