Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Kohr
United States
San Jose
flag msg tools
(Ray, RicB, PacificaChris, Chris) :

RayT: "This is a Cthulu-ish miniatures type boardgame. Each
player represents a cult looking for the an amulet and the Necronomicon. I think each cult is made up of 6 individuals.
Basically you have a 24" x 24" board of buildings and open areas, and your guys start off in one corner. You move building to building finding objects (or traps) and you can attack the other cults. There's a fairly simple combat system, and each cult member has a special power they can use once.

We played for about 2 hours, and were only about 1/3 - 1/2 way through the game when we mutually decided to quit. I think it could've flowed faster if damage was increased, and we "fibbed" the rules a little more. It's not meant to be a serious, rules-lawyer type of game.

Highlights of the game for me was pinning down some of ChrisF's guys, and Brother Szlll blasting them with a gatling gun. Brother Rsorr also proved very difficult to kill even when teamed up on by 3 clan members and a frog spewing on him from the back.

I think the game could be streamlined even more, maybe using a hex or grid board rather than the tape measure approach. Also miniatures instead of cardboard standups would help the visual effect a lot too.

It's not an awesome game, and plays too long, but it was interesting and exciting enough to inspire me to pick up some of Lovecraft's books from Amazon."

PacificaChris: "Basically a miniatures shoot-em-up bloodfest. Needs more leathal weaponry. More suited to 2 players... maybe 3. Board gets cluttered with four teams of 6 characters each.

Great graphics and built upon great mythos. I enjoyed the notion that the first team to grab the necessary items gets teamed up on--leads to different strategic approaches. I wouldn't mind giving this game another shot some time, Ric."
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.