500 1000 1500 2000 2500 3000 3500 4000 4500 5000 5500 6000 6500 7000 7500 8000 8500 9000 9500 10000 10500 11000
Announcement – 2015 Support Drive – Ending in:
465 supporters - GeekGold Bonus for All 2015 Supporters: 4.65 + 0.19 = 4.84
 Thumb up
1 Posts

Tournay» Forums » Rules

Subject: Using Multiple Bridges to Change Color rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
Some Rules Questions and Can I use bridges to use one of my occupied cards? confirmed that you can activate your own Bridge(I) to copy the effect of an opponent's (unoccupied) Bridge(II) to copy the effect of one of your own occupied buildings. (You can also do this, in a color-restricted fashion, with Port and Road.)

Having a Bridge(II) by itself doesn't allow you to copy the effect of one of your own occupied districts, because Bridge lets you copy only the effects of a building in another player's district.

If you did have Bridge(II) and your opponent had Bridge(I), you could not copy the effect of one of your occupied buildings because Bridge(I) can't do that. But there is another trick you can do.

You can use your own Bridge (of either type) to copy the effect of an opponent's Bridge (of the other type) to copy the effect of one of your buildings of a different color (i.e., yellow or red). This is because Bridge (unlike Port and Road) is not limited by color.

[If yours is Bridge(I), you can do this only if the opponent's Bridge(II) is unoccupied. If yours is Bridge(II), you can do this only to copy the effect of one of your own unoccupied buildings.]

This trick might be useful if you have only white citizens available. Or maybe because your opponent's is Bridge(I) (limited to available buildings) and you want to use this trick for a yellow building and then later activate the yellow building with a yellow citizen. (If you used the yellow citizen first, the building would be occupied and its effect could not be copied via the opponent's Bridge(I).)
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.