Mike Petty
United States
Lapeer
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Players: Kendra, Greg, Paul, Al and myself

Like others have noted here, this game requires everyone to know every rule. That's a negative right off the bat, but I wanted to enjoy this game. It was my second playing (the first didn't fare well), but noone else here had played it.

With five players, two of us were quickly out of the action. Paul made a fast race back to his entry hex and Greg and I held him off a mere two squares away. Al and Kendra were too far away to help or do much of anything.

Now, what struck me as odd is how long the game seems to last. I guess I had this impression that it would breeze by. Games only last around 20 minutes. However, that's 20 minutes of nearly constant activity. You end up taking many, many turns and it actually gets a little tedious.

In this game, Paul eventually won due to a mistake I made.

Reactions as I perceived them:
Me - I'll try it again. I like Tom Jolly's innovative efforts. I think there's a fun game here if everyone gets it.

Al and Kendra - They'd probably rather play LCR.

Paul and Greg - Ok game, but let's not try it again just now. Maybe in 6 months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.