Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
it is an SPI game, from S&T mag 1976, then published in a boxed 'deluxe' edition. I can see the box from my desk.

it may have been published somewhere else prior, but this is the first I have seen of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Joey Sabin wrote:
I should have stated, "...the game box in your heading, the mounted map your playing on and the color of the game pieces your playing with are from the Avalon hill version of the game."

Anyone know who now has the publishing rights to this particular game from the Avalon Hill game company. I believe the rights to games from that company were sold off to different buyers.

No it s not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Lawson
United States
Rutland
Vermont
flag msg tools
New England Patriots
badge
http://thegamebox.gamesontables.com/index.php
mbmb
It was first published in S&T and later sold to Avalon Hill. Most definitely an SPI game (designers Dunnigan/ Berg)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Lawson
United States
Rutland
Vermont
flag msg tools
New England Patriots
badge
http://thegamebox.gamesontables.com/index.php
mbmb
Joey Sabin wrote:
that's not the game box in your heading.

At any rate does anyone know who has the publishing rights?

L2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Joey Sabin wrote:
Has there ever been word by L2 about republishing the game?

Just to recap. From this and the other thread. SPI DID in deed publish hardbound boards. That is why it is called a designer edition. So this is not an avalon hill game, nor published by avalon hill. Hope that clears it up for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Metro Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joey Sabin wrote:
I own all the original PGG (SPI) and PGG (AH) games purchased original in the 1970's and 80's. The SPI version maps were paper NOT MOUNTED! The only Mounted PGG map was the one done by Avalon Hill. The Counters are different colors too. Looks as if you have an SPI Box with AH map and counters. Just so you realize the truth and not a line fed to you by a seller.

SPI released some of its games as Designer's Edition or Collector's Edition. These games were boxed, and had mounted maps. Panzergruppe Guderian was one such release (owned by a friend). I have the boxed and mounted versions of Sniper! (first edition) and Battle for Germany.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
jackolantern wrote:
Joey Sabin wrote:
I own all the original PGG (SPI) and PGG (AH) games purchased original in the 1970's and 80's. The SPI version maps were paper NOT MOUNTED! The only Mounted PGG map was the one done by Avalon Hill. The Counters are different colors too. Looks as if you have an SPI Box with AH map and counters. Just so you realize the truth and not a line fed to you by a seller.

SPI released some of its games as Designer's Edition or Collector's Edition. These games were boxed, and had mounted maps. Panzergruppe Guderian was one such release (owned by a friend). I have the boxed and mounted versions of Sniper! (first edition) and Battle for Germany.

I've been trying to tell Captain Wargamer here just that. But because he is a Grognard, no one else is right. I've shared the data and the images. Not sure what else I can do.

It was a fun discussion at first now its just fucking annoying.

As I have mentioned, I neither care that it may well be an Avalon Hill, but you are now stating things that are factually incorrect. The counters you see ARE EXACTLY the same color sans fading as the magazine as I have scans of those.

So if AH wanted to produce a game for its rival and mount the board and then let them label the box with NO AH logo then that is what happened I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
hipshot wrote:

This is the Avalon Hill Boxed Version. Versus the one I own, there are other pics here on BGG too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.