Perry Hall
Maryland
flag msg tools
IA!! IA!!
badge
FTAGHN!
mbmbmbmbmb
Question about storage:

I noticed a picture in the section for this game (ImageID: 1488301), which showed the three deck insert style for Dixit journey, similar to Dixit: Odyssey. I have been looking for a storage solution for Dixit, and have been looking for Dixit: Oddyssey for this purpose, but if that insert is in Dixit journey, I would rather get that, as it is more available. Does anyone know if that insert is included with a reprint of Dixit Journey, and if so, how can I tell that a copy I would be buying would be the reprint, rather than the original edition?

picture below:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
South of You
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the one I bought at Target a month ago. It had the insert. And, while I'm not positive, I think Dixit, Dixit (recent reprint), and Dixit Journey covers all the non-promo cards(i.e. you don't have to track down Odyssey).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Smith
United States
Perry Hall
Maryland
flag msg tools
IA!! IA!!
badge
FTAGHN!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, but you are completely wrong about the expansions. Dixit 2 is now Dixit Quest which is still independent expansions. Dixit Odyssey is being reprinted as Dixit 3 with still more cards. Dixit Journey is yet another expansion. That means four separate set of cards, plus about a eight promos. You still need to track down Odyssey, which is now known as Quest and packaged similarly to the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
Whaleyland wrote:
Sorry, but you are completely wrong about the expansions. Dixit 2 is now Dixit Quest which is still independent expansions. Dixit Odyssey is being reprinted as Dixit 3 with still more cards. Dixit Journey is yet another expansion. That means four separate set of cards, plus about a eight promos. You still need to track down Odyssey, which is now known as Quest and packaged similarly to the base game.

You are not even consistent in your explanation.

You are right that Dixit 2 is now Called Dixit Quest but Dixit Odyssey is still called Odyssey but now comes without the components to play as a stand alone. The box is much smaller and only contains the cards.

Dixit 3 and Dixit Journey are the same. Dixit Journey is still a standalone game but Dixit 3 contained just the cards but was only available outside North America.

4 decks available as of today.

Dixit (84 New Cards)

Dixit 2/Dixit Quest (84 New Cards)

Dixit Odyssey (84 New Cards)

Dixit 3/Dixit Journey (81 New Cards and 1 card from each of the previous expansions)

+ promo cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
I was consistent, I just was typing on my iPad and didn't go back to correct some of the stupid device's typing errors. I also added a sentence somewhere in the middle but forgot to correct the surrounding sentences. I've really got to stop using that thing to post on BGG. The message is still clear, though: there are still four different sets out. I guess I mixed up which one Dixit 3 was and, honestly, I don't know why they decided to make everything all confusing on that front anyway. Dixit Quest? Really? Anyway, the response stands, just with a few errors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rider
United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slinkydink wrote:

4 decks available as of today.

Dixit (84 New Cards)

Dixit 2/Dixit Quest (84 New Cards)

Dixit Odyssey (84 New Cards)

Dixit 3/Dixit Journey (81 New Cards and 1 card from each of the previous expansions)

+ promo cards

..and now Dixit 4 is coming out.

NOTE that Dixit Journey was misprinted. It was supposed to come with 84 original cards PLUS the three promo cards, for a total of 87 cards. More info on the publisher's web site.

CORRECTION: Dixit Journey came out as intended. The European "Dixit 3" set was intended to have the three extra cards, but some copies were misprinted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is definitely outgrowing any of its available boxes, even without inserts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Uriniuk
United States
Greenfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Especially, with Dixit: Daydreams coming out now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rider
United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whaleyland wrote:
The game is definitely outgrowing any of its available boxes, even without inserts.

I just use an old Dominion box!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.